Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Devil's Backbone and Blue Sky

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  nanook93 
#1 ·
I want to ride Devil's Backbone on Saturday if it's dry enough. Does anyone know the trail conditions there? Is it worth waiting another week or is it OK now?

#4 ·
Just what I wanted to hear!

Now the weather needs to hold until Sunday morning! Visiting the in-laws for Easter dinner, so I'm planning on heading up to ride DBB for the first time in the AM. I can hardly wait! Any suggestions for CW vs. CCW on the loops?

#5 ·
nanook93 said:
Now the weather needs to hold until Sunday morning! Visiting the in-laws for Easter dinner, so I'm planning on heading up to ride DBB for the first time in the AM. I can hardly wait! Any suggestions for CW vs. CCW on the loops?
At DBB, only Laughing Horse is open to bikes on both sides of the loop. Laughing Horse Loop is tough either way. I prefer Indian Summer CW. If you do Rimrock, I prefer that one CCW.

#6 ·
Good to know...

sgltrak said:
At DBB, only Laughing Horse is open to bikes on both sides of the loop. Laughing Horse Loop is tough either way. I prefer Indian Summer CW. If you do Rimrock, I prefer that one CCW.
Thanks for the heads up. Are the hiking-only sections clearly marked? Any signage that is easy to miss?

#9 ·
twitchy said:
I want to ride Devil's Backbone on Saturday if it's dry enough. Does anyone know the trail conditions there? Is it worth waiting another week or is it OK now?
I rode it this morning, the conditions were amazing. Wicked fast and crazy hookup pushing the corners. My tires picked up zero mud. Careful on upper Blue Sky, there are a lot of blind spots and the trails are very fast right now. We just got a little bit of hail and very light rain this evening so it just got a little more moisture. :thumbsup:

#15 ·
Conditions at Devil's Backbone.

Thanks to all who posted on the conditions. I am going to answer my own post. I just got back from riding there. The conditions probably won't get better all year. It's totally dry, but not dusty. My bike hardly even got dirty. It was very windy. The wind coming from the North. At the top of one of the ridges it probably was close to 40mph. Even so, it's been a long Winter. It made me happy to get out and ride my MTB again.
All the trails are marked as to what ones you can ride your bike on. I never really noticed before. I just knew what ones I could and couldn't ride.
Thanks again.
Rob.

#16 · (Edited)
twitchy said:
Thanks to all who posted on the conditions. I am going to answer my own post. I just got back from riding there. The conditions probably won't get better all year. It's totally dry, but not dusty. My bike hardly even got dirty. It was very windy. The wind coming from the North. At the top of one of the ridges it probably was close to 40mph. Even so, it's been a long Winter. It made me happy to get out and ride my MTB again. All the trails are marked as to what ones you can ride your bike on. I never really noticed before. I just knew what ones I could and couldn't ride.
Thanks again.
Rob.
I rode it this morning and it was awesome! What a great trail, I will definitely be back for more. Fun, challenging rocky sections and I got a great workout. Only drawback was that I popped a link on my chain a couple miles in to the ride and had to repair it trailside. Now for Easter dinner at the inlaws, YUM!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.