Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

k24s and straitline levers

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jlang002 
#1 ·
Okay, I have a compatability issue with my k24s and a pair of Straitline replacement levers. Are there different versions of the k24 master cylinder and blades? I purchased mine through rocky mountain cyclery on ebay and according to Formula's site, they appear to be a 2009 version (just a different paint job). Older versions seem to have two pivots on their levers, as opposed to one on mine. I've attached a couple terrible phone pics, but they still show the difference in design. Does anyone make a replacement lever for my version of the k24s?
Cheers!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
SurvivorofShalamar said:
Is the smaller hole possibly just to lighten the lever with the larger hole being the pivot location.... On secont thought maybee not. Are the levers 2010's maybee?
Greg with Formula got back to me. There was a running change in the k24 brakes and the Straitlines were designed around the older version. If I were to use the Straitline levers, I'd have to get a few parts from Formula to convert my k24s back to the older style...not really worth it. Oh well, I was hoping to rock the pink levers.
-jon

#5 ·
jjcools said:
what frame is that on?

just wondering cause i am building up a new AM bike and wanted to know if the K24s would be up to the task. thanks
Ellsworth Moment. It's not complete yet, at least another week before I have all the small parts. The k24s were so cheap on ebay that I couldn't pass them up...the lines are a bit short for the build, but that's a fairly easy fix. I'll post back up when I've ridden the brakes.
-jon

#6 ·
jlang002 said:
Okay, I have a compatability issue with my k24s and a pair of Straitline replacement levers. Are there different versions of the k24 master cylinder and blades? I purchased mine through rocky mountain cyclery on ebay and according to Formula's site, they appear to be a 2009 version (just a different paint job). Older versions seem to have two pivots on their levers, as opposed to one on mine. I've attached a couple terrible phone pics, but they still show the difference in design. Does anyone make a replacement lever for my version of the k24s?
Cheers!
Yea those levers fit the older Oro K24/Bianco/K18

Twenty6Products makes replacement One levers , they may have some that would fit your new style k24 but double check.

#7 ·
mtb_biker said:
Yea those levers fit the older Oro K24/Bianco/K18
Twenty6Products makes replacement One levers , they may have some that would fit your new style k24 but double check.
I've tried to ask the guys at Twenty6, but they don't seem to like to reply to email. Just dropped em a phone call, we'll see.
Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.