Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Juicy 7 Rotar Replacement

951 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Crankenator 
#1 ·
I've got a bent rotar on my Juicy 7's. Any suggestions on the best 160 mm rotar to replace it with? It came with a G3, but not sure if that is the best for replacement.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

#7 ·
bloodyknee said:
No crease or ridge. The ROTOR is just out of true.Think I got it back in shape just fine now. Just wanted to get a spare cause I'll probably bend it eyond the point of no repair at some time
I was gonna say, if you don't want that rotor just because it's out of true, I'd be glad to take it off your hands...good job on truing it up. I keep spares around of just about everything, better to have it at hand when you need it...

#16 ·
It will work, but probably not as well as a regular rotor until the TiNi is worn off... which usually doesn't take too long. And cool is subjective, I think they look gaudy.

TiNi is a surface coating used to increased surface hardness, retain cutting edges, and it does have a lower coefficient of friction.

The finish will get splotchy and then eventually just turn silver where the pad contacts.

#17 ·
I was a little surprised to see TiN rotors on the market, too.....anyone that knows a flip about machining and the tooling industry would know that it's an exceptionally poor choice for a braking surface in comparison to what's already available, and an unnecessary expense. Yes, it's tough, but it's a stupid choice for a friction surface. Bling factor goes a long way in the marketplace though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.