Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mt Bike Oregon Update..1/2 full

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jollybeggar 
#1 ·
Hi All
I am posting this update because many people have asked to be updated.
Hope your new year is going well.

Just wanted to let people know that 2010 reg's are coming in fast!
August is nearly 1/2 full and July is 1/3 full.
This time last year both were maybe 5% full.

Last year sold and given the fast reg rate so far this year I am guessing we will sell out months before we did 2009.

Remember we have a strict cap on the number of riders, so once we are sold out that is it, we can not allow anymore riders sorry. There will be NO onsite sign ups allowed this year.

I hope you will join us.
Lots of great single track
FREE local beer

More info @ www.mtbikeoregon.com

Please contact me with any question: randy@mtbikeoregon.com

Thanks

Randy

See less See more
#5 ·
Great event!

I went a couple years ago and really had fun. The group ride stuff can be challenging but it really is a chill environment in a beautiful area. It would be really cool if Mt. Bike Oregon moved around a bit every year. For example. a Mt Bike Oregon in Central Oregon would be awesome, but Oakridge is a magical area.

#9 ·
Jaybo said:
I went a couple years ago and really had fun. The group ride stuff can be challenging but it really is a chill environment in a beautiful area. It would be really cool if Mt. Bike Oregon moved around a bit every year. For example. a Mt Bike Oregon in Central Oregon would be awesome, but Oakridge is a magical area.
That would be cool, but talk about a lot of trail traffic if MBO was in Bend. With all the local riders and visitors on the trails already in the summer, with another 300+ riders with MBO might be a little too much for those trails and a total blow out of dust trains come mid-summer too. Nice idea though, Bo', kind of;) .

PS: Rode "J"-400 today, trails were pretty wet, but still very rideable and beautiful up top of Wauna, but for some reason I always feel a bit ripped off after doing that ride with minimal descending time to climbing ratio. And the water bars/pits on the descent from Wauna suck the flow of the descent IMO. Sorry Bo', I know it is your favorite trail. A 1-2x's/year ride at most for me or if there absolutely is no other place to ride and I am dying to get out. Going to ride Syncline or Sandy Ridge manana in early afternoon with bro if you want to join?

#10 ·
Yep

jgusta said:
That would be cool, but talk about a lot of trail traffic if MBO was in Bend. With all the local riders and visitors on the trails already in the summer, with another 300+ riders with MBO might be a little too much for those trails and a total blow out of dust trains come mid-summer too. Nice idea though, Bo', kind of;) .

PS: Rode "J"-400 today, trails were pretty wet, but still very rideable and beautiful up top of Wauna, but for some reason I always feel a bit ripped off after doing that ride with minimal descending time to climbing ratio. And the water bars/pits on the descent from Wauna suck the flow of the descent IMO. Sorry Bo', I know it is your favorite trail. A 1-2x's/year ride at most for me or if there absolutely is no other place to ride and I am dying to get out. Going to ride Syncline or Sandy Ridge manana in early afternoon with bro if you want to join?
Oakridge is a gorgeous place to ride. It is probably the perfect environment for the event!

Yep, 400 sucks! I would avoid it at all costs. It isn't my favorite but I just enjoy the rain forest environment. It isn't Syncline though.

Not sure I will be back from Valentine weeked that early but I'm hoping to get away from the beach as soon as possible as It sucks monkey balls. I go absolutely bat crap crazy just walking the beach and sitting on my arse for too long.

Watching the All Star Game now. If I was only born a large black man ;) because dunking a ball would be very cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.