Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

hayes stroker trail for freeride?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  micro224 
#1 ·
im looking at the strokers for new brakes i was wondering what kind of punishment they can take and also if the straitline brake levers fit them thanks

#2 ·
Stroker trails are a fairly under-rated brake. Hayes has taken a lot of criticism in the past w the nine / elcamino etc, but they made a good comeback w the strokers. Paired up with a 203 front, 185 rear there is nothing wrong w them for freeride.

Straitline levers will not fit them (yet), but twenty6 makes some sweet levers for the strokers:

http://www.twenty6products.com/products/

#5 · (Edited)
for a budget and considering that i only weigh around 150lbs yes you could say there are better but under the circumstances i feel these brakes would be enough for my riding and my riding and physique but the hayes stroker ace brakes are interesting for like what 100 dollars more than the trails

#6 ·
blooregard said:
for a budget and considering that i only weigh around 150lbs yes you could say there are better but under the circumstances i feel these brakes would be enough for my riding and my riding and physique but the hayes stroker ace brakes are interesting for like what 100 dollars more than the trails
For a 150lb rider you could get away w the 7"/185 rotor. Your LBS should be able to get the twenty6 stuff for ya,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.