Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

MBUK dyno brake test, issue 223.

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  david8613 
#1 ·
I've been told of a dyno brake test done by MBUK that compares the power of most of the markets brakes. From googling I'm told it was the 'super brake test' in issue no# 223. Although correct me if I'm wrong. :)

However, I cancelled my subscription a year back due to the decline in what was worth reading in the mag etc. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to photocopy the test in from their copy at home? I'd really like to see what the outcome was with numbers to relate to. As it gives me a comparison between the brakes I have and the brakes I'm looking to buy.

Yes, I understand a dyno test is in no way a good measure of real life conditions, but just a general understanding of figures will help. As I can never trust another persons comprehension of power. Some say a Juicy is more than enough, others say Saint M810's with 220mm rotors barely scrapes it.

Thanks for any help. If a photocopier is not to hand then I'm happy with just a list of brakes next to the measure of power given by the magazine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.