Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone with experience on the Conti Rain King?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  743power 
#1 ·
http://www.conti-online.com/generat...ownhill_freeride/rainking/derrainking_en.html

I have a Michelin 2.8 up front and I am looking for a tire that handles PNW mud better than my old IRC, for the rear. The Minion would be a common choice I think, but it never seems to stop raining here, and I am thinking a dedicated Mud tire would work better as I ride in snow and mud more than half the year. Michelin redesigned their tires recently and none of them look very appealing to me. In terms of sizing a 2.4 would fit, not sure about 2.5. (The Michelin 2.8s would turn in the rear, but not with any mud stuck to them)

I was thinking the Continentals looked like a well made tire, though I have zero experience on them. Here is the photo that got me interested:
Der Kaiser is far right (#4 from left to right), Rain King is the one to its left (#3 from left to right)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Conti's are excellent tires.

Going from minion f ust / high roller ust R 2.5 to conti's. (Wanted to save some weight for trail riding)

Wish I could give feedback on the rain king. Havent tried it.

Another good conti tire for the wet is the rubber queen.
Doesn't pack up and gets excellent traction.

The conti's sidewall are a good thickness and allow to run low pressure without squirming.

If you wanan stick with maxxis. (also excellent tires imho)

The minion packs up with mud. High roller works better than minion in the mud, imho.

The rain king looks like a winner weight isnt bad either.

Good luck, please share what you go with and your results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.