Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

'05 MX Pro ETA No Rebound

544 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Squash 
#1 ·
The R- adjust is external and feels fine at the thumb screw. The oil is old. Could this cause the rebound to go away? The fork cycles fine and there is no rattle. The internals are similar to HD and dirtbike forks that I've worked on but I would like some experienced advice. The last help recieved from here was exceptional.

#2 ·
Yes it most certainly could....

old and/or dirty oil could well reduce the effectiveness of the rebound damper. I'd say it's time for a service, i.e. disassembly of the fork, complete cleaning and inspection of all seals etc., and an oil change. During the process pay particular attention to the damper seals and their condition. A bad seal will send the damping south as well. Once you've checked everything out also pay very close attention to the oil level in the damper side. If the head of the damping rod comes above the surface of the oil when the fork is fully compressed you'll be sucking air into the damper. This ain't a good thing either, with a result of 0 rebound damping as well.

Good Dirt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.