Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

819s, ZTR Flow, Syncros

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  _tom_ 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I had decided on the 819s for my new wheelset, but I was wondering if anyone has tried the Flows? I can't find any reviews on them, but I like the 28mm width.

Also, has anyone had success with Syncros DS28 as tubeless? They have the width too, but I can't find reviews on them being used tubeless.

I hope to make a final decision by tomorrow, but you know how it goes...

Thanks!

#2 ·
moozico said:
Hi everyone, I had decided on the 819s for my new wheelset, but I was wondering if anyone has tried the Flows? I can't find any reviews on them, but I like the 28mm width.

Also, has anyone had success with Syncros DS28 as tubeless? They have the width too, but I can't find reviews on them being used tubeless.

I hope to make a final decision by tomorrow, but you know how it goes...

Thanks!
I was looking into the 819's or the Flow's. 819's narrow, Flow's possibly softer metal . I decided to put Tubeless on the back burner. If I had to go Tubeless , right now, i'd probably go 819 because i'd want to go full UST.

#4 ·
Do a search, there's lots of people who have posted their experience on the Flows (myself included). I was in the same situation as you, and decided on the Flow caus' they were lighter and cheaper. Turns out they're just as strong too! I love mine now. Pinkbike did a review of them not too long ago too and the tester is using them for freeriding and even some DH... check it out.

go with the Flow, you won't regret it.

#5 ·
Has anyone gone tubeless with Syncros DS28? I decided on these for the strength and white color, but I don't know if I can go tubeless with them. Unfortunatley, Richards Bikes doesn't have a powdercoater near or I would have tried the Flows. Shipping to me first and shipping back to build would have cost too much.

#6 ·
Hi, well, I changed my order to the Stans Flow after reading your post, so I hope that's the right choice. So here's my setup:

Mango Chris King ISO Hubs
Black DT-Swiss Competition Spokes
Violet DT-Swiss Nipples
Stans Flow Rims which I'll powdercoat white or maybe matching Mango!

I have to build them here. I'll post pics when they're ready!

#7 ·
moozico said:
Has anyone gone tubeless with Syncros DS28? I decided on these for the strength and white color, but I don't know if I can go tubeless with them. Unfortunatley, Richards Bikes doesn't have a powdercoater near or I would have tried the Flows. Shipping to me first and shipping back to build would have cost too much.
Yep...with not much luck. The "patented bead lock system" (a fancy way of saying grinder divots around the bead sealing surface) kept me from being able to get a burp-free seal using both ghetto tubeless and stan's rhynolite strips.

I did not have any flatting issues (unlike another guy I know running the same setup). They are strong and light, but intended to be used with tubes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.