Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dave made me do it (again)

5K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  Jamie_MTB 
#1 ·
This is the second time Mr Turner has forced me to buy one of his frames. First time was the switch from HL to TNT and now the RFX changing to DW-Link ;)

Could anybody point me in the right direction with the RP23 setup? I'm 190lbs loaded up, what air pressure should I try running first?

Anyway here is my RFX, cant wait to ride it tomorrow.

Toons101

See less See more
#16 ·
lovely bike....

try 175lbs psi in the rear shock....but like scuba said whatever gives you approx 30% sag

where do you ride? I have lived in the states 12 years now but grew up in Suffolk (Ipswich) and lived in Bedlington - Northumberland for a few years.

#24 ·
Cheers dudes for all the complements; I'm pretty happy with the bike, I'll post my initial reaction later, I need to calm down a bit!!

Wilks; I'm from Wylam on the river Tyne, my wife is from Ipswich.

S-works; The Lever for the GD is a spinner fork lockout.

The back garden is amazing and the grand kiddies love it; it belongs to my Mum & Dad. We're in the process of moving, so I'm stashing all my gear at their's. Zilla you're correct about riding time and maintenance, my Dad's (practically NOS) 89 Rockhopper is the evidence of that!

Your right Cactuscorn about the cabling routing, that's the only thing I'm not 100% happy with, any suggestions (the brakes are different way round to the US)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.