Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rocky Mountain Cyclery Rocks!!!

3K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  ruger45 
#1 ·
I just wanted to post up and let my fellow local brotha's know that there's a great shop in Loveland called Rocky Mountain Cylcery. (http://www.rockymountaincyclery.com/) I was in search for a tubeless wheelset scrolling the ebay boards when I came across Tom's ad (I think he's the owner) for some custom made wheels. Tom took the time to reply to my gazillion emails regarding a multitude of questions and offered me a great deal.

I picked up hand built xtr hub laced to an mavic 823 ex rim/20mm hub laced to 823 ex rim for $250.00 brand new. It's a bit heavy, but it's hand built and being tubeless, I was able to save some weight there. Tom proceeded to ask me if I was looking for anything else and offered me a great deal on a very nice carbon bar, a shimano xt cassette, and tires, for reasonably less than retail, even beating out online shops and ebayers. When I went up to get my parts, Tom and another very informative tech spent time answering my questions, taking the time to figure out what type of rider I am, what I'm looking to build, and reccomending the right stuff.

I just wanted to give them 2 thumbs up and share this with ya'll in case you live near there or go up that way as these guys know their stuff, and seem to sincerely care about pairing you up with the right components for the job. Unlike big box stores, they provided top notch service while still offering me a great deal! Un heard of IMO.

Anyhow, if you're up that way, check em out!

See less See more
#9 ·
Well, thanks for the kind words, but I don't want to detract from the subject of the thread so I'll throw in my 2 cents.
Tom and Louie are great guys to deal with, nice guys and very trustworthy. I don't hesitate for a second to recommend them to people for stuff that they specialize in. Obviously there's some overlap, but in general we have a bit different emphasis, so sometimes I send people their direction and sometimes they send customers my way.
Louie is a hammer, good guy to ride with if you ever get the chance.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
larry@mtnhighcyclery.com

#10 ·
Ventanarama said:
Well, thanks for the kind words, but I don't want to detract from the subject of the thread so I'll throw in my 2 cents.
Tom and Louie are great guys to deal with, nice guys and very trustworthy. I don't hesitate for a second to recommend them to people for stuff that they specialize in. Obviously there's some overlap, but in general we have a bit different emphasis, so sometimes I send people their direction and sometimes they send customers my way.
Louie is a hammer, good guy to ride with if you ever get the chance.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
Wow! Larry, I think you are the first bike shop owner I've ever met who doesn't have an ego the size of....well...a huge ego. I salute you.

#12 ·
subliminalshiver said:
Rumor has it that RMC is getting an espresso bar.
Haha! Thats a good way to sell stuff. I know that whenever I go into a store that has a built in coffee shop (starbucks), I am much more likely to bust out the wallet in exchange for the merchandise. I guess it brings out the frivolent side of me. :) Good marketing strategy.

#13 ·
subliminalshiver said:
I (heart) Loveland.
Both shops are great. Cool people to deal with and competitive prices. Rumor has it that RMC is getting an espresso bar.
Larry- what are you going to do to stay competitive?
An espresso bar? Damn, wonder if they're hiring ;)

Hmmm, what should I do....female mechanics in short-shorts?

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
larry@mtnhighcyclery.com

#16 ·
Well, why don't you get Beastro to "initiate" each new girl by asking her (or paying her) to spend a week at the shop in short shorts. You can put up a schedule on your website and I'm telling you- buyers wil come from far and near. That parking lot will be overflowing. Beastro can even stand outside and sell beer and other goodies. I'll make sure nobody disrespects the chicks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.