Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bad boy 8 advice

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  HennersHLB 
#1 ·
Hello
Im new to the the forums and im in need of a little advice. I recently bought a Bad Boy 8 after much consideration and am having some problems maintaining chain tension. Ive done some research into the eccentric bottom bracket system used on the BB8 and have read some worrying reports that this is a common problem.
Ive already taken the bike back to the dealer a few times to have the chain tension readjusted as i was assured that the wedge clamp in the EBB takes some riding in, so adjustment is normal. However it is becoming a real problem as on one occasion of the chain working loose, the chain came off and the gears became unuseable. It is only a month since i bought it, but the chain will become too slack after 2 or 3 short journeys (approx 10-12 miles total)

can anyone here advise whether i truly am still in the riding in stage or whether this sounds like a fault in the EBB? I am totally confused as this is not what i expected being the first time i have ever bought a brand new bike, ( i usually buy second hand and except teething problems) but the dealer is giving no support and i would love to get some impartial advice whilst i am still within the dealers warantee period of 6 weeks. If anyone has any advice or has had a similar problem, please can you let me know.

Thanks

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.