Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Panaracer Trailblaster 1.8's.....

862 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  arnobarno 
#1 · (Edited)
Does or has anyone run them, and what do y'all think ??? At an alleged 400 g each, might they make a good race tire ? Have been very satisfied with other Pana's in the past, just wonderin' 'bout them, as I never seem to see much of anything about them. They are light, but are they just too narrow to be any good ??? I checked the reviews here at mtbr, and they were mostly about the 2.1's , which seems to have a completely different tread pattern than the 1.8's (for better or worse, who knows...) Thanx, all.

- Fuelish

#3 ·
Fuelish said:
Does or has anyone run them, and what do y'all think ??? At an alleged 400 g each, might they make a good race tire ? Have been very satisfied with other Pana's in the past, just wonderin' 'bout them, as I never seem to see much of anything about them. They are light, but are they just too narrow to be any good ??? I checked the reviews here at mtbr, and they were mostly about the 2.1's , which seems to have a completely different tread pattern than the 1.8's (for better or worse, who knows...) Thanx, all.

- Fuelish
I have 2.1's & 1.95's and they are my favorites of the tires I've tried so far. That's not saying much, I've only tried Roll-x,Bontrager,FireXc's and Mosquito's. I have a friend with 1.80's and he likes them but we both feel the 1.95 is the sweet spot in sizes for these tires. He says the 1.80's seem a little small and don't have the bite of the others. We have a lot of mud around here this year (VA) and they are great in mud. Personally I'd go with the 1.95's, they are a great all around tire for those of us in places where we occasionally ride in the mud.

#4 ·
Not 400 grams; not 1.8

Just a word of warning. I have some of these tires. Four in fact. Each one came in around 435 grams and each one is more like a 1.6 or 1.65 not 1.8. Less tread, more filling. Or something like that.

In the end, I think these tires are way too narrow for most riding though may be appropriate for long dirt road type riding.

my two cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.