Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

My new Scalpel, Big change to my old one.. Take a Look!!

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  sebastian21 
#1 ·
Hey guys, well its just to show you my upgrades on my scalpel for this season.... Hopw you like,

well here are the spec of my old Scalpel

Rear shock: Fox Rp3
wheels: Crossmax SL
Everything Shimano XTR, Crankset, brakes, shifter, der.
Pedals , Eggbeater T1
Tires: Michelin
Weight 24.3 lbs.

NEW SCALPEL.
New custon Paint job with my name and country flag.
Rear Shock: NEW FOX RP23
Everything SRAM X0
Brakes: Magura Marta SL
Wheels: Notubes ZTR 355
Pedals: Eggbeaters T3
Tires: Kenda Karma
Handlebar: Raceface Next SL
Saddle: Specialized toupe
Weight: 22.4 LBS

See less See more
#4 ·
Kayba said:
Very nice Sebastian21! I like the paintjob! Your new stem is a little too high for my taste but I assume it suits you better this way.
Have you tried those Blackspire chainrings yet?
Kayba
I ahve those chainring for three weeks, and so far so good, I like them moee than the Xtr. but its too early to give a reviews, they do shift smoother than the xtr...

#8 ·
I had the old one for a year .so it was time for a chance, i was kind of tired of the Black which i used to loved by the way, so it was either changing the frame to a 07, which i didnt like the paint job or do a custom paint job.. I know the new one with the crossmax sl, it would look a lot nicer than the black wheel, but for the weight im saving, Im keeping the black.....
thanks

#11 ·
Hey, thanks for the reply's, I did like a lot the black one, but sometimes after a while you need a change, its like you get bored of looking at the same bike every time, so i decide to go with the custom paint. About the Paint, the Original cannondale paint was more easy to scratch the paint than in the new onw, I had so many due to rocks, and with the new one, so far not a single one.. ( i have it for two months) mayve its not enough time to tell but, the paint looks pretty good, the black didnt have a prime paint (what make it looks shiny) mayve that was the reason why the paint is so fragile...........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.