Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Public Service Announcement

941 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Capt_phun 
#1 ·
knee warmers and proper seat height make life good on cool foggy mornings. here are two other things that might also make life good:

Shrimp Ceviche
1 lb cooked shrimp, chopped
1 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1 red bell pepper, seeded & chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro

tortilla chips

Place shrimp in large glass bowl. Pour combined lime juice and dressing over shrimp. Add red pepper, celery and cilantro, mix lightly and cover. Allow to marinate for several hours in the refrigerator.

To serve, drain shrimp mixture, discard marinade and serve in chilled martini glasses with tortilla chips.

and:

Clean Joke
It is hard to find a joke without a dirty word or two in it. Here is one with none:
Two tall trees, a birch and a beech, are growing in the woods. A small tree begins to grow between them, and the beech says to the birch, "Is that a son of a beech or a son of a birch?" The birch says he cannot tell. Just then a woodpecker lands on the sapling. The birch says, "Woodpecker, you are a tree expert. Can you tell if that is a son of a beech or a son of a birch?"

The woodpecker takes a taste of the small tree. He replies, "It is neither a son of a beech nor a son of a birch. It is, however, the best piece of ash I have ever put my pecker in."

See less See more
#3 ·
Hollywood said:
chilled martini glasses?

here's mine.

Pop the plastic lid off the salsa. Lick lid.
Dump salsa on chips. Eat.
Drink beer.
Repeat.

Happy CdM.
You forgot the processed cheese dip stuff, and should definitely be drinking modelo out of a can, especially if you're wearing that mullet wig.

#4 ·
eSSq said:
knee warmers and proper seat height make life good on cool foggy mornings. here are two other things that might also make life good:

Shrimp Ceviche
1 lb cooked shrimp, chopped
1 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1 red bell pepper, seeded & chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro

tortilla chips

Place shrimp in large glass bowl. Pour combined lime juice and dressing over shrimp. Add red pepper, celery and cilantro, mix lightly and cover. Allow to marinate for several hours in the refrigerator.

To serve, drain shrimp mixture, discard marinade and serve in chilled martini glasses with tortilla chips.

and:
Sounds great if you sub some jalapenos for the celery to kick it up a notch!

#7 ·
my CdM recipe

made it last night, though, because i'll be at the office late tonight...
Go lighter on the onions and oil, though, and skip the added salt entirely, serve with key-lime margaritas...

[TR][TD][/TD][TD]

Chicken Enchiladas with Tomatillo Sauce (Enchiladas Verdes)
These traditional green-sauced enchiladas from Mexico City are a favorite of chef Ricardo Muñoz Zurita. The recipe comes from nearby Xochimilco where, long before the Spanish conquest, the Aztecs were raising vegetables, chilies and herbs on floating gardens encircling Tenochtitlán, their island capital.

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
[/TD] [TD]

For the chicken:
2 lb. chicken breasts
1/4 white onion
1 garlic head, halved crosswise
1 Tbs. sea salt

For the sauce:
3 lb. tomatillos, husked and rinsed
9 serrano chilies
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup safflower or canola oil
1 Tbs. sea salt, or to taste

For the enchiladas:
1/3 cup safflower or canola oil
18 thin corn tortillas
1 cup crema or crème fraîche
1 white onion, thinly sliced
1 cup crumbled queso fresco

To prepare the chicken, place in a saucepan with the onion, garlic and salt and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool and lift out the chicken, saving the broth for another use. (The chicken can be wrapped and refrigerated for up to 1 day before continuing.) Discard the skin and bones and shred the meat with your fingers. You should have 4 cups chicken.

To make the sauce, in a saucepan, combine the tomatillos and chilies with water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. If some of the tomatillos remain firm, the pan should still be removed from the heat. Drain and, working in batches, place the tomatillos and chilies in a blender along with the garlic. Process until a smooth sauce forms.

In a fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil until it is smoking. Quickly add the tomatillo sauce and fry, stirring constantly, until the sauce begins to bubble. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the sauce starts to thicken, 5 minutes more. Add the 1 Tbs. salt; taste and add more salt, if needed. Keep warm. When the sauce is combined with the tortillas and chicken, the taste of salt will be quite diminished; it should be highly seasoned at this point. You should have 3 cups of sauce. If needed, add some of the chicken broth.

Preheat an oven to 350°F.

To make the enchiladas, in a fry pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until sizzling hot. Using tongs, quickly pass each tortilla through the oil to soften, then drain on paper towels.

Using your fingers, dip each tortilla briefly in the warm sauce, place on a plate, put a large spoonful of shredded chicken near one edge and roll up the tortilla. Place, seam side down, in a baking dish. Cover with the remaining sauce. Bake until thoroughly heated, about 10 minutes.

Remove the enchiladas from the oven and top with the crema, onion slices and crumbled cheese. Alternately, arrange the enchiladas on individual warmed plates and garnish before serving. Serve immediately-enchiladas become soggy quickly. Serves 6.

[size=-3]Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Savoring Series, Savoring Mexico, by Marilyn Tausend (Time-Life Books, 2000).
[/size][/TD][/TR]

#9 · (Edited)
Don't forget

To throw the wise words of Rev. Run into the mix.

Got senoritas in Adidas over in Spain
The Don of San Juan got 'em goin insane
Got chicks in Spanish Harlem holdin they brain
In Sao Paolo they follow, doin the same
Admiration for Run since "Sucker M.C.'s"
Papi bilingual, sell a single with ease
Y'all think that I'm done, Run don't got no flow?
What is you loco? I'm grande gato pa-po
Run and Bo, D.M.C. and Fat Joe
Fo' cats on the same track got dough
Us cuatro, lock flow, you don't know?
From New York City to Puerto Rico (whoa)

[Chorus]
Ay papi, tu sabe, yo tengo (??)
You got my fire burnin..
Ay papi, tu sabe, yo tengo (??)
You got my fire burnin..

#10 ·
Hollywood said:
checking out the hotties on Univision, and imagining them screaming "ay papi !!!" over and over and over. Or just watching that game show with the guy in the bee suit.

http://www.univision.com/content/channel.jhtml?chid=6&schid=6341
Ummm excuse me. Uhh Please let me interupt this thread for just a moment. Ok Go to Hollywood's post and just stare at that heart shaped cooley for awhile. Just brings a smile to the face. Ok....resume your recipes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.