Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Wanted 1996/97 Rocky Altitude T.O.

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  CraigH 
#1 ·
One of the last classic bikes created by Rocky Mountain.
Looking for a frame in good condition, or complete bike lying around a bike shop...accidentally forgotten.

It was a beautiful deep metalic red and yellow, and the last team issue bike made of steel.

Prefer Canadian locations.

Even though I now have a Rocky Vertex and Instinct, I used to dream about owning that bike "in the beginning".

#6 ·
Ricksom said:
One of the last classic bikes created by Rocky Mountain.
Looking for a frame in good condition, or complete bike lying around a bike shop...accidentally forgotten.

It was a beautiful deep metalic red and yellow, and the last team issue bike made of steel.

Prefer Canadian locations.

Even though I now have a Rocky Vertex and Instinct, I used to dream about owning that bike "in the beginning".
I see a guy in White Rock here who rdes that exact bike all the time. the colour is really cool. That deep red/ almost maroon metallic with the yellow is a real eye catcher. Did it come stock with a RS fork on it? his has RS not sure what model though.

#7 ·
A lot of these ultra light Cromo Rockies broke at the stays. It's a great, comfortable (if not flexy) ride but it really was a race bike and hence couldn't take years of pounding that dedicated owners would inflict. One of my old racer teammates broke 2 back in 1998/1999 and Rocky said there were no more.

#8 ·
Oh well

islander said:
A lot of these ultra light Cromo Rockies broke at the stays. It's a great, comfortable (if not flexy) ride but it really was a race bike and hence couldn't take years of pounding that dedicated owners would inflict. One of my old racer teammates broke 2 back in 1998/1999 and Rocky said there were no more.
Oh well, another classic buried and forgotten. Was worth a try!
Still, that classic Rocky paint job was catchy; and I assumed that being a Cromo frame it would last longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.