Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

RX80 vs RX 100 new/old geometry

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jeffro 
#1 ·
Does the 2003 RX have different geometries than the 2005, or the RX80 vs the 100? I ask because I was at my LBS the other day and the guy pulled down a medium and the TT length measured a lot shorter than the standard spec (like 22.8). The HT and ST measured out ok for a medium, so I started thinking that something was not right. I checked out the SN and it was an 2003 model, and the guy wasn't sure if it was a 80 or 100 mm frame. I am thinking it may have been an 80 because of the different geometry of the TT, but does anyone have any ideas?

#3 ·
I know for size small, a 2003 RX 80 has virtually identical geometry to a small 2005 RX 100. I know because I had cut and pasted the geometry information at one point into an Excel file. I found the data again, but only in Excel and used that in my purchasing decision for a 2006 Motolite. I don't have the information on the medium anymore -- sorry.

#6 ·
Titus confirmation

I spoke to Gus at Titus and he confirmed that the 03 RX80 has a shorter TT (both med and small), as noted in the above posts. The 80 small has a 22.2" TT, and the 80 med is 22.8" (I think that is what he said). The guy at the shop was "guaranteeing" that it was a 100, but Gus mentioned that the 100 didn't even come out until 2004 (something I didn't realize), so there is no way it was a 100.https://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/nono.gif
:nono:

#7 ·
Santa Fe NotsoSlim said:
I spoke to Gus at Titus and he confirmed that the 03 RX80 has a shorter TT (both med and small), as noted in the above posts. The 80 small has a 22.2" TT, and the 80 med is 22.8" (I think that is what he said). The guy at the shop was "guaranteeing" that it was a 100, but Gus mentioned that the 100 didn't even come out until 2004 (something I didn't realize), so there is no way it was a 100.https://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/nono.gif
:nono:
For 03 model there was no RX80 nor RX100 distinction as there was only Racer-X (designed for 80mm). I have a Medium 03 RX which I believe has ETT of 23".

#8 ·
Santa Fe NotsoSlim said:
Does the 2003 RX have different geometries than the 2005, or the RX80 vs the 100? I ask because I was at my LBS the other day and the guy pulled down a medium and the TT length measured a lot shorter than the standard spec (like 22.8). The HT and ST measured out ok for a medium, so I started thinking that something was not right. I checked out the SN and it was an 2003 model, and the guy wasn't sure if it was a 80 or 100 mm frame. I am thinking it may have been an 80 because of the different geometry of the TT, but does anyone have any ideas?
I was measuring the top tube on my 2003 RX (supposed to be 100) and I also measure around 22.8". I thought it was a bit on the short side for a medium. The head tube is 4" so I can't say I got a small size frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.