Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kenda Karma UST or Panaracer Trailblaster UST? & what pressure?

911 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ratt 
#1 ·
I have both of these tires, tried the Panaracers last yr but have never tried the Kendas. Got a race in two days, just wondering if anyone has any helpful info about these tires. The conditions will be dry, fast singletrack, some roots and stuff but a fairly quick course overall.

Any thoughts? Anyone know how much lighter the Kendas are? WW says its only 45g or so lighter.

Also, what is an optimal pressure for race with UST? I'm used to going with tubes and light semislicks at 50+psi for the least rolling resistance, but the few races I did last year at lower pressure (once switching to the Panaracers) felt pretty darn good, and provided a lot of traction. What are other people going with? I'm riding FS, weigh about 160 lbs.

#2 ·
I haven't been on UST kenda but on bikes with tubed kenda and one converted to tubeless w/stans. Very impressed with the roll and traction the tire offers, i'd say they were running with 30-35 psi max.

I go about 175 lbs geared up and the max pressure i run in ust tires for xc trails is 32 psi and as low as 23 psi. Each tire has it own sweet spot and it can take some time to find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.