Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Niner Warranty...boy have they sucked

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  the-one1 
#1 ·
So I was riding my local trail and my shock bolt sheared. Lucky to not have eat'n **** while riding the dh rooting section. Long story short, half of bolt was stuck in the left rocker arm, the other just luckily didn't fall out. I took my bike to my LBS, 3/14. They stated, niner would be taking care of it and that new rocker arms/ assembly were being sent. As of today, 4/9, I'm still bike-less. This is just stupid as hell. Rocker arms were sent, no bolt?? Bolt then was supposedly sent, 1st time, it never showed up. Second time, the bag was coveniently torn and thus no bolt. This is utterly rediculous. Last bike I had, a SC heckler, the chainstay had a crack, I got a new frame in less than a week after I sent them the cracked frame. WTF.

#3 ·
The LBS is well aware as am I. However, that doesn't mean they won't honor their warranty. We both called and spoke to their warranty guy who was more than happy to help...unfortunately, it's been really bad help. How do you have multiple shipment of parts and still can't seem to get it right?? It's a bolt...A BOLT!! Why wasn't it shipped with all the rest of the stuff. The LBS does not have that specific bolt laying around either.

#4 ·
Please bear with me kind sir, for what I am about to type out might be of service to you.
Giddy-up to your nearest Home Depot or Ace Hardware and purchase yourself a shoulder bolt of the same size. Utilize this said bolt for the mean time until Niner dispatches out a new bolt.

#5 ·
This

Dont know how many times Ive needed a bolt, my Local Ace Hardware has yet to fail me on having the exact bolt I need except something with a thin flat head which I just replace with a dome style.

But a very specific style bolt and cant get it after 3 tries, thats just ridiculous. But see if hardware store has one that will work in the mean time. Annoying as hell and by all rights a good reason to be pissed, but a work around is better than not being able to ride

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.