Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rip9 shock psi

975 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bear 
#1 ·
I have a new rip9 27+ and am running 275psi in the rear shock. I weigh #210 with gear. If i run the shock setting on open, i tend to pedal strike alot so i have been riding with the shock adkusment in the middle setting.

Just wondering what everyone else is running. Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
I have a new rip9 27+ and am running 275psi in the rear shock. I weigh #210 with gear. If i run the shock setting on open, i tend to pedal strike alot so i have been riding with the shock adkusment in the middle setting.

Just wondering what everyone else is running. Thanks!
My bike has the RockShox hardware, Monarch Plus shock and Lryic fork.

For 30% sag, me at 218, I currently run about 255 psi rear, 3 volume spacers. Lyrik fork is at 75 psi for same sag with two tokens.

I usually ride with camelback with stuff and at least 50oz water, and a large water bottle with electrolytes.

Pedal strikes very easy with stock 27.5 wheels with 2.8 Rekon tires but I adapted OK riding NE PA and surroundings ... Nil problems in CO, UT, and FL. 3.2" V Tire Trax Fatty helped but not good enough to keep and didn't leave enough room in fork and frame for cruddy conditions. Could be ok in dry or rocky or sandy conditions though.

With my 29 wheels (Flow Mk3 rims) and Continental Apex series 2.4" Trail King and Der Kaiser the BB is about half inch higher, maybe more. These specific Continental tires are TALL.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

#4 · (Edited)
It's the stock monarch plus. 2017 model with lyric, aluminum frame. Today I installed two volume spacers in the rear shock. In order to get 20% sag, I have to put in 290 psi into the monarch. I am #205 with gear. The lyric says to put about 80 psi in the fork and that puts the sag at 15%. I haven't put any tokens in the fork.

Sagged at 20% the bb height is 11.75" and that's when 3.0 high rollers.

#5 ·
It's the stock monarch plus. 2017 model with lyric, aluminum frame. Today I installed two volume spacers in the rear shock. In order to get 20% sag, I have to put in 290 psi into the monarch. I am #205 with gear. The lyric says to put about 80 psi in the fork and that puts the sag at 15%. I haven't put any tokens in the fork.

Sagged at 20% the bb height is 11.75" and that's when 3.0 high rollers.
You should consider targeting 30% sag, the manual reads that the range 25 to 35 % is suggested. I find that the bike rides best evenly sagged for me.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.