Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

swapping running gear between HT and FS

816 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Yalerider 
#1 ·
Wondering if I should swap my 1x11 SRAM NX on my Diamondback Sync'r HT to my new Scott Genius 720 FS, and putting the Scott 2x10 on HT for paved pathways which I sometimes ride after work. This would give me a little more speed on the pavement. Don't need the speed on the trails.

#2 ·
If the parts fit, there is no reason why you can't. Assuming you've got the front dérailleur mounts on the HT. Other possible issue is chain length.

Good chance the full-sus will need a longer chain. If the chains are worn you may not be able to fit a new one. I'd check that out before you do anything else as it could be a show-stopper.

#3 ·
See no issues once the HT has the ability to run an FD, only thing you might need is a new chain for the FS, as the chain length for the HT would be shorter and maybe some new cables for the FS as the HT would probably, like the chain run shorter housing/cable.

#4 ·
Good points. Both bikes are like almost new so no wear. I think I will just put the 1x11 on the FS with my 30T ring. Then run the HT 1x10 with 32 T ring and adjust stuff as needed. I do have mounts for front derailluer on HT if I decide to go that route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.