Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Can I convert to 1x?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Junersun 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm currently running a 2x10 SRAM drivetrain and I'm wondering if how and if I can convert it to 1x?

Thanks!

#2 ·
There are different options for how much you want to spend. R u looking for the dirt cheap way? Don't mind spending some or want that baller setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Converting to 1X is pretty simple. Easiest way is a NW chainring as mentioned earlier and a new cassette if you want a taller gear for climbing.

What crankset are you running now?
What rear derailleur do you have? Is it a long cage? Also what cassette? You could stay at 10 speed, get a one up 42 tooth cog, get a chainring and then use your front derailleur as a chainguide and eliminate the cables.

That'll put you under $200

Thanks guys! I'm not sure about the crankset (I think it's Truvativ) I'm using the SRAM X9 derailleur (mid cage). The cassette is an SRAM PG-1030, 10-speed, 11-36t

Thanks for the help!

#6 ·
What rear derailleur do you have? Is it a long cage? Also what cassette? You could stay at 10 speed, get a one up 42 tooth cog, get a chainring and then use your front derailleur as a chainguide and eliminate the cables.

That'll put you under $200

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.