Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Case Mountain/Rockland Group Ride

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jisch 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I know I had talk to two local CT riders that may be interested in riding with me and some others when we come up there in early July. I know that is pretty far out but I would like to schedule something as soon as possible. We will be there from June 28th to July 2. We will be able to ride on each the 28th, 29th, 30th, or even the 1st. I know this is a lot of possible days to go MTBing. I also discussed that we may either go to Case Mountain or Rockland Preserve. I would prefer Case because it is closer to West Hartford, where I will be staying. But I am always up for options and if I find out Rockland has something insanely awesome I may switch! But right now they both seem like a fun and technical adventure. And if anyone else would like to join us, feel free to private message me with more information. Hope to have a great time!!:D

#2 ·
I'm not on MTBR much anymore, but I can give you a rundown of Case and Rockland.

Case is technical cross country. There are a few drops here and there, but they are mostly off trail and you have to know about them. There are a LOT of trails there and connecting property, you could easily do a 50 miler starting at Case and crossing only a few roads (in fact I have). The terrain is really rocky, lots of short ups and downs with a few longer ones thrown in. There has been a lot of trail building over the last 3 or so years the newer trails are much better than the old stuff - they are more bike friendly.

Rockland is a mountain bike playground. I think around 20 miles of trails, tons of small drops (a few bigger ones), ramps, lots of log rides, a huge teeter totter. Some berms and some pretty technical stuff. A lot of it is really flowy though. It's built on a hill, but none of the climbs are too long. I just rode there on Sunday.

Given a choice between the two, I'd do Rockland if you have the time to get there. It's pretty unique, but Case is a lot closer to me so I end up riding there a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.