Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Zealand Woodhill Trails

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Mudguard 
#1 ·
I recently moved to New Zealand and i researched about Woodhill trails in Youtube.

It seems that a lot of the "good" trails with jumps and drops are not found in the map anymore.

Were they removed, renamed or hidden?

#2 ·
Welcome to NZ ^^

Not too sure about their trails as I'm down South.

Give them a ring and ask. They'll be more than happy to answer your questions I'm sure.

Go South of the Bombay Hills & get to Rotorua ;-)

It's epic!! (apparently, I've never been there myself).

Sent from my kltedv using Tapatalk

#3 ·
^^
Kia Ora!

I went to 440 last week.

Wyn Masters walked up to me to have a chat.
He's a cool dude.

He was curious about where i was from. lol

And after some research, it seems that some of the trails were closed due to harvesting.
:(

#4 ·
I think Riverhead may be better if you're after jumps etc, but I haven't ridden either in several years. If you feel like venturing further north we have some cool "oldschool" singletrack in Whangarei, and the new Waitangi mountain bike park is well worth a visit. Flick me a PM or get in touch via the Whangarei Mountain Bike Club facebook page if you feel like a roadtrip some time.

#8 ·
In my opinion the "new" Woodhill trails are much better. Basically as it's in a commercial forest, all of the old trails have been logged. The new trails are more compact but much more fun, there's some reasonable elevation and some really fun downhills.
One Night Stand is kind of bike park, more fun the faster you go
Release Valve is a little old school, rougher
Booty Call is a mix of the two
I've been riding out there for about 10 years and I think the new trails are much better, no more hucks to flat and almost no sand. Not a patch on Rotorua or Taupo (Craters of the Moon) but still really enjoyable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.