Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Wisdom Spots? Seriously?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  camp10 
#1 · (Edited)
A large, ugly growth suddenly showed up on my back about a month ago. Seriously, very ugly, bumpy, dark brown and about 1cm across. I had DH take a picture of it and instantly had a melt down. Called my dermatologist and she's away from the office for a week, with no available appointments for two weeks. There is a history of melanoma in my family, so I called around and found a dermatology practice with an appointment the next day, because I'm pretty close to full blown panic.

The doctor assumed me that this thing was fast growing but benign and isn't unusual in older adults. After telling me the correct medical term, she lets me know these growths are also called "wisdom spots". Then she hauled out the liquid nitrogen canister and started freezing it like a boss.

She looked to be early 30s with flawless, dewy skin and was nice and kind as could be and I know she didn't mean to cause offense, but also didn't look like she was deeply into irony, either.

I know young people mean well and want to be reassuring, but it comes across like "There, there, have some warm Ovaltine and a nice nap and forget all about it. Unbelievably Weird Ugly Alien Baby **** is sprouting off your body, but you're just wiser, that's all."

Anyway, Ima gonna file this in the "What young people think older people want to hear" folder and have a good laugh, because it really is pretty funny.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.