Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Snowbiking in Hartford area

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jisch 
#1 ·
I know it's a little early in the season to be thinking about snowbiking, but I'm always thinking about snowbiking! I live in western Mass where the snowmobile trail system is endless and amazing. I may be re-locating to the Hartford area where there is significantly less snow and elevation. Are there places nearby with good snow conditions? Anything at Southington? Thanks.

#3 ·
Snow conditions change pretty quickly. It's mostly a matter of luck around here. Sometimes the snowmobiles or even the dog sleds leave you something good in Pachaug. Bluff point has a lot of snowshoe traffic which works sometimes. Beaches in RI are almost always an option.

#4 ·
We ride in Central CT all winter long on our regular rigs with studded tires, as long as the snow isn't too deep.

We only missed about three weeks total last year and two years ago was much the same. Three years ago we got hammered with snow and missed closer to two months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.