Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

July 3rd Stamford CT The Mianus Maze Trail

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  uncaged 
#1 ·
On July 3rd I have to go to a family party in Stamford. So the plan is to hit Stamford early so I can go on the trail for a bit.

At this point I don't have an exact time or anything but will be planning it out as the date gets closer. Anyone interested in joining with I would love to have you there.

Just putting it out there if anyone is interested.

The Mianus Maze Trail - Connecticut | AllTrails.com

#4 ·
Winging it can definitely be fun.

That said to explain the question, generally in MTB lingo, when someone asks if you "need a loop" they're looking to help you out on recommending a trail or series of trails to put together for a good ride. When every I or most of my riding friends go some place new or we don't know explicitly, we ask around for a "loop".

Its mainly called a loop since so little of mountain biking is point to point riding and more a loop away from, and then back to, a trail head or parking lot. Shuttle rides and Downhill being an exception, although one could argue they to are a loop.

I'm very happy to recommend a loop you can ride at Mianus River Park that will give you a mix of whatever you'd like... flow, climbing, distance, tech... or just a good loop to get introduced to the park.

LMK.

#6 ·
Here's a link to another trail map:

Mianus River Park Trailmap - Friends of Mianus River Park

I find this one a bit easier to read, YMMV.

I go to Mianus regularly since it is close to where I live. In fact, I was there this morning. Sometimes I get lost in Mianus but can usually find my way out in less than an hour. (Ok so I did have to cut across a lawn once because I was getting tired of going in circles..but nobody shot me so all is good.) The new signage is great.

#7 ·
Oh please it's not like it's the bad part of Stamford and even the bad part(s) isn't nearly as it was back in the 90's. They really cleaned-up a lot of Stamford and these trails are so far from those areas. Plus the other area is Greenwich and I been to their "ghetto" which too is far from these trails. But I can say this as a former Stamford resident, Greenwich's ghetto is a country club compared to any other ghetto.

BTW thanks for the info. I really need to get my hands on a color printer.

#8 ·
I wasn't thinking in terms of it being a dangerous neighborhood, quite the contrary. I live in the neighborhood and know it well. I was thinking more in trespassing. Having lived in Texas for many years, I thought it was homeowners prerogative to shoot trespassers on sight or at least crack off a few for R & R.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.