Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Best place for night ride Las Vegas now BBT is gone ?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  007 
#1 ·
Hi All

I'm flying into LV from UK this Saturday at the start of a 2 week mtb road trip

Usually after unpacking my bike i'd go and ride the BBT trail system as a night ride as they are close to the Hotel where i am staying

And parking at Lowes seemed nice and safe

The question I have for you LV Locals is where do you ride at night ?

Are the BBT trails completely gone or could I still ride up the tarmac road and connect onto something even if its and out and back to stretch my legs ?

The car park for Ikes - seems as though it would be pretty sketchy for leaving a car at night - is there a better place to start an ikes loop? (I've done this during the day before and have pretty good lights so this ride could be quite fun)

Or failing that can you park at blue diamond at night and ride from there at cotton wood trails ?, the main cw car park over near midnight trails again i'm guessing could be sketchy at night

See less See more
#2 ·
Hola amigo,

We ride everywhere at night, the same places we ride in the day time with the exception of Cowboy due to the parking lot situation there.
The BBT is alive and kicking as good as its ever been and with plenty more miles and options these days.
IMHO the parking lot for Ike's AKA S.W. Ridge is fine at night for park and ride and so far I have never heard of any one incident of people breaking in to the cars.
The parking lot at CW Late night has had incidents of people breaking in to cars so your best bet is to park in Blue Diamond and ride form there.
There a couple of night rides this week that I know off so far where you can tag along:
Intermediate - Thursday Night Ride at The Mesa - Mountain Bike Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) - Meetup
https://www.facebook.com/IrwinCycle...483740291432/1046809482058850/?type=3&theater

#4 ·
The BBT is alive and kicking as good as its ever been and with plenty more miles and options these days.
Thanks for info

So in the pic attached the trails towards the top of the map at BBT are the ones I previously rode , can i still ride from hotel and then get on the road and ride west and then hook into the back of the trails and then head south ? - whats gone that was on my map ?

Blue Yellow White Line Colorfulness

I've not got strava logon - anyone got a gpx of current bears trails or a link to map ?

#8 ·
MTB Project is your friend

Mountain Bike Trails near Bears Best

That along with these 3 files should give you plenty of choices right from your door steps
One has the S.W, Ridge, you can go all the way there from Bear's Best

I couldn't upload the the third .gpx that has more trails and shows the connector between SW Ridge and BB's give me your email and I will send you the third one.

Happy Trails

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.