Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Pedal Force Frame Group Buy #2 ???

16K views 168 replies 29 participants last post by  Axis II 
#1 ·
Burning questions: Is there another group buy happening? If so, when and how does one jump on? Is there interest in another group purchase? I guess I'm a believer after all the + reviews have rolled in. Do we need someone to organize/orchestrate this? What front deraileur will I need again?;)

#52 ·
I did finally hear back from Ming (by email), and she has said that there would be more discounts for higher quantities. I guess I will have to email her again to find out what that might be. She also mentioned, that depending on the quantity of frames, that they could possibly supply them form their current inventory.

I will try and phone again on Monday to iron out some details.

#54 ·
I got more details on the tentative GB today from Pedal Force. Payment would be made to PF directly and shipped directly from PF to individual buyers, so no worries about your frames hitting ebay :D . Shipping charges will be as detailed on PF's website ( http://pedalforce.com/online/pages.php?page_id=24 ). I have been told that depending on quantities and sizes that the GB might be able to be filled from their current inventory. Otherwise, there might be a delay getting them from Taiwan. Pedal Force has an order in place currently.

Here's the pricing:

5-10 pieces $675
11-15 pieces $625
16-20 pieces $599
21-25 pieces $510

From the looks of things, we could probably get to 21 frames pretty easily. I'm going out on a limb here, and starting the GB with 3 frames. Please add your intentions here by quoting the list part of this post with your name. Please also keep in mind that on the last GB, PF allowed us to purchase other parts from the "bike build" section of their site, and for the most part, those parts were at a substantial savings over other discount sources. I suspect we'll be able to do the same again.

BlownCivic 3 frames

#55 ·
BlownCivic said:
I got more details on the tentative GB today from Pedal Force. Payment would be made to PF directly and shipped directly from PF to individual buyers, so no worries about your frames hitting ebay :D . Shipping charges will be as detailed on PF's website ( http://pedalforce.com/online/pages.php?page_id=24 ). I have been told that depending on quantities and sizes that the GB might be able to be filled from their current inventory. Otherwise, there might be a delay getting them from Taiwan. Pedal Force has an order in place currently.

Here's the pricing:

5-10 pieces $675
11-15 pieces $625
16-20 pieces $599
21-25 pieces $510

From the looks of things, we could probably get to 21 frames pretty easily. I'm going out on a limb here, and starting the GB with 3 frames. Please add your intentions here by quoting the list part of this post with your name. Please also keep in mind that on the last GB, PF allowed us to purchase other parts from the "bike build" section of their site, and for the most part, those parts were at a substantial savings over other discount sources. I suspect we'll be able to do the same again.

BlownCivic 3 frames
Sounds good. Thanks for the update!:thumbsup:

BlownCivic 3 frames
Axis II 1 frame

#56 ·
Originally Posted by BlownCivic
I got more details on the tentative GB today from Pedal Force. Payment would be made to PF directly and shipped directly from PF to individual buyers, so no worries about your frames hitting ebay . Shipping charges will be as detailed on PF's website ( http://pedalforce.com/online/pages.php?page_id=24 ). I have been told that depending on quantities and sizes that the GB might be able to be filled from their current inventory. Otherwise, there might be a delay getting them from Taiwan. Pedal Force has an order in place currently.

Here's the pricing:

5-10 pieces $675
11-15 pieces $625
16-20 pieces $599
21-25 pieces $510

BlownCivic 3 frames

Sounds good. Thanks for the update!

BlownCivic 3 frames
Axis II 1 frame
cyclemnpat 1 frame(M)

#64 ·
BlownCivic]BlownCivic 3 frames
Axis II 1 frame
cyclemnpat 1 frame(M)
Lord Taipan 1 frame
Zeratul 1 frame
Jeff Bell 1 frame (@ $625 or lower, maybe more if road frames available)
Briscoelab 1 frame
tolleyman 1 frame,perhaps 2 if road frames are available.

#65 ·
BlownCivic]BlownCivic 3 frames
Axis II 1 frame
cyclemnpat 1 frame(M)
Lord Taipan 1 frame
Zeratul 1 frame
Jeff Bell 1 frame (@ $625 or lower, maybe more if road frames available)
Briscoelab 1 frame
tolleyman 1 frame,perhaps 2 if road frames are available.
MF9point8 1 Frame.

#66 ·
How soon are those that have shown interest going to be able to pay? I just got word this morning that we have till the 15th of September to have our money in, or the GB goes to another "interested party". Please help me maintain some credibility here with Pedal Force.

Thanks

Jacques

#69 ·
BlownCivic said:
How soon are those that have shown interest going to be able to pay? I just got word this morning that we have till the 15th of September to have our money in, or the GB goes to another "interested party". Please help me maintain some credibility here with Pedal Force.

Thanks

Jacques
:madman: If they are going to decrease our window of opportunity it handicaps our ability to get the best possible price. I suppose that's exactly what they are trying to accomplish here. I would say that you have lost no credibility with PF if they are going to throw an arbitrary deadline into the mix on such short notice. Shall we call their bluff? I can pay emmediately BUT I was looking forward to the 625 figure at least.

#72 ·
I can pay immediately, but I also don't have any problem waiting several months. If they don't have enough frames on hand, it could take time for them to get more frames manufactured.

They say the frames are made in factories in Taiwan that make parts for multiple bike companies. Each new batch would have to be scheduled around whatever else is happening, and the larger bike companies probably take precedence. I'm guessing the group buy programs they set up were to verify they had enough orders to cover their up-front manufacturing costs.

#74 ·
Axis II said:
:madman: If they are going to decrease our window of opportunity it handicaps our ability to get the best possible price. I suppose that's exactly what they are trying to accomplish here. I would say that you have lost no credibility with PF if they are going to throw an arbitrary deadline into the mix on such short notice. Shall we call their bluff? I can pay emmediately BUT I was looking forward to the 625 figure at least.
My thoughts exactly, what happened to their usual deposit then wait, then pay rest plan like all the other group buys? If we're getting kneecaped here with a deadline I say we call their bluff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.