rollin

conquered a demon

the bull and i finally stepped up and hit this drop. pics of the bull didn't turn out, but c-springs snapped a couple of me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Hell yeah! ThroWiNitdoWn

mtbr member
    awesome bro!

mtbr member
    thats big.....awesome

GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    Fu@# killa shot bro........ it's going to be my screamsaver for a while !!!!!!!!!! well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to Be Alive
    way to go Nikster
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

Three Wheeler Expert
    where is that, it looks like it is in socal? where is that drop!

Supremely Unco-ordinated
    Thats awesome man - it's a solid drop alright, and no doubt would have looked twice as high from the top as well!! Good stuff
    Post your youtube mountain bike videos and they'll be included in our interactive World MTB video map!

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pvflyer
    Fu@# killa shot bro........ it's going to be my screamsaver for a while !!!!!!!!!! well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats that?

mtbr member
    Nice shot, too bad it wasn't better quality. Not that it's bad, just that it would be insane with the moon and stuff in the background.
    Tarekith.com

'17 Specialized Enduro Elite 29

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    very nice!
    great drop...well done...

rollin
    thanks for the comments!
    i was pretty scared when i hit it the first time. you don't see anything but ocean, on the approach, untill you're off the edge. it's big and blind. after some false run-ins, i was a little syched out. luckilly the bull was there to show me how it's done. once i saw him hit it, it didn't look that bad, and i was off the edge.
    it was in the evening after the sun went down. if we had been out there 20 minutes earlier, and ready to send it, we would've had the best light you can imagine.
    next time we'll session it when there's light. the second time i hit it, it was pretty dark.
    i am stoked tho, it's the biggest drop i've ever hit!

kona-tize me captain
    thats a sick looking drop man, props to u for hitting it
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    It's i file a keep with pictures i think capture the moment..........did you ever being scare of a big drop and just decide to go for it, that's what i call screamsaver file!
    bad ass shot................dude, those rocks at the bottom looks like they ready to shred your flesh ! what up with the bold letters and red ink.

mtbr member

Another pic of the same drop.

OG
    Sick drop, congrats!

-Nate

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Booya!
    It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose!

My arm hurts a little
    Sik!! Where are My Pics!!

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!

Send some good vibes out to sriracha!! I just got the call BROKEN Tib!!! We were Hitting a Step down just less then Two Hours ago, He over shot it on one of the last runs and went down hard. His Knee is messed up pretty bad, Doc. said he's out for 8 weeks.
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

Old No. 7
    Quote Originally Posted by #1ORBUST

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!

Send some good vibes out to sriracha!! I just got the call BROKEN Tib!!! We were Hitting a Step down just less then Two Hours ago, He over shot it on one of the last runs and went down hard. His Knee is messed up pretty bad, Doc. said he's out for 8 weeks.
    Bummer to hear, healing vibes sent his way.
    06 888 RC2X FOR SALE! PM FOR DETAILS

...the mustache has spoken

mtbr member

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!

You are in my prayers Sri.
    RTW.

Me hates pinchflat
    Is there some kind of cliff on the right side of the pic
    Bummer about the f°cked up knee....
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

Disco-Superfly
    Sick man, looks super tech, awesome pic even with the slight blurriness... mad props
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    ohh bummer dude, I hope it all turns out all right, Broken Tibia? bah, I had one of thoes 2 years ago they suck, Hope ya get well soon bro!

Glad to Be Alive

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!!

fuc....sorry to hear.....healing vibes Nik
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Sweet drop man!

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    good to see you stepping it up but shame about the knee. get well soon buddy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

Ride Hard, Ride Free
    May 2004
    fuc....sorry to hear.....healing vibes Nik
    BADA$$ Pic!

One day you're shredding, next day you're not. Get well soon.

Equal opportunity meanie
    Niiiiice. That's a completely blind runup to that drop too like he said - nothing but ocean and you can tell it's FAR down to it.

Hey Sriracha check your PM's.

Edit: Just saw the broken bone thing. Shiat!!

Supremely Unco-ordinated
    Woah sucks to hear about your knee sriracha!! Get well soon man
    Post your youtube mountain bike videos and they'll be included in our interactive World MTB video map!

not really a noob
    very sick!
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    mad props to you dude. you have more balls than me. I would never hit something that big well not my old bike aka the flying brick. new bike should fly better.

I'm sending the good vibes to you from the north east. life is too short to not push it, but sometimes we pay the price. get well soon.

abolisher of A$$holes
    sending healing and stoney vibes your way Nick!!!

nice pics and way to conquer the fear...

btw...without getting into a pinkbike argument over height...I can't tell between the two pics...one looks like about 10ft+, the other looks closer to 20ft...what's it closer to?? just out of curiosity, the pics are deceiving my eyes....
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions --but I don't always agree with them.
    George Bush, US President

rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by irieness
    sending healing and stoney vibes your way Nick!!!

nice pics and way to conquer the fear...

btw...without getting into a pinkbike argument over height...I can't tell between the two pics...one looks like about 10ft+, the other looks closer to 20ft...what's it closer to?? just out of curiosity, the pics are deceiving my eyes....

thanks. el toro and i went out and measured it, it's about 15 down and 13 out, to the knuckle. it's real smooth.

mtbr member
    thanks. el toro and i went out and measured it, it's about 15 down and 13 out, to the knuckle. it's real smooth.

dang man, out 8 weeks?? awful man, but hey at least you can still move a mouse....git bettah...

rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by misctwo
    dang man, out 8 weeks?? awful man, but hey at least you can still move a mouse....git bettah...

thanks all.

el toro and i were hitting this sweet stepdown gap (not pictured yet) over a little gravel road into a hip booter. we sessioned it pretty good. but i got greedy, and everything bad alligned into a worst case scenario:
    "one more" + spectating truck approaching + major wind kicking up = me going too fast, bunny hopping too much, getting tilted by the wind, landing flat, with my right leg out, stifflegging the impact and splitting the tibia plattoe. basically, my knee got jacked.
    a triangle chunk is 8mm down and back.
    surgery tommorrow morning. doc will push it up and forward and hold 'er in place with two stainless steal screws.

sh!t was/is majorly painfull.
    doc says 3 months, NO weight bearing.

Me hates pinchflat
    sh!t was/is majorly painfull.
    doc says 3 months, NO weight bearing.
    Well, at least, its not long till the season is over...
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

pwn3rator
    my buddy and i both hit that for the first time a couple weeks back. pretty sick. the camera guy at the time didn't know what he was doing so all the pics were like 5 seconds late. i was pretty bummed. fun drop though...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

high school loser
    Quote Originally Posted by kanter

Another pic of the same drop.
    woo awsome man! thats me in the pic, heres another good shot of me up top it. makes it look really big.
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

My arm hurts a little
    Today was not a Fun Day!!!!

I dropped Sriracha off at the Doctors office at 9:00 today for his surgery. He was as you might think pretty nervous just like everyone before a surgery but feeling ok. I got the call to pick him up around 12:00 from a nurse. I asked how is everything is he ok? She responded with a weird response, "He is very un-happy" well what do you mean , "He's fine, he will tell you when you see him". I was, OH SHI..!! When I got to Sriracha's room he look ok but pretty pissed. I asked what was up and he responded, "Doc said I shredded my ACL, I have another surgery in 6 weeks and then it will take another 6 months” WOW, I pretty much could have curled into a ball and sat in the corner. It's horrible that's all I can say horrible.

One day you’re out rippin hitting new stuff progressing so much, then BOOOM snap 1sec. less then 1 sec. everything changes.

Sriracha hell Nik became such a good friend over these past 3 years. You all know what riding with someone everyday is like you become best of friends. Are styles matched perfect Nik the Super Tech. Rider/Wise and Me the Stupid Young Go Big or Die type. He gave me the Tech. and I don't know what I did really He had it the whole time, just making him let go was his prob. I def. take some responability in what happened I always said Go for it you got it, even when he was unsure, I always pushed and maybe I pushed to far. It's going to be a long long time if ever before I push someone like I did Nik. I don't think I can tell someone to hit a jump when they’re unsure ever again.

Sriracha WILL BE BACK!!!! He will be Downhilling again not Racing or FR but he will be back I'm behind him and are whole crew are behind him in whatever he dose 100%.

Sorry for the little rant I just had to get it out.

-El Toro-
    Hardtail downhill

Supremely Unco-ordinated
    Dam that sucks man... good luck to him for a quick recovery.

high school loser
    Today was not a Fun Day!!!!

I dropped Sriracha off at the Doctors office at 9:00 today for his surgery. He was as you might think pretty nervous just like everyone before a surgery but feeling ok. I got the call to pick him up around 12:00 from a nurse. I asked how is everything is he ok? She responded with a weird response, "He is very un-happy" well what do you mean , "He's fine, he will tell you when you see him". I was, OH SHI..!! When I got to Sriracha's room he look ok but pretty pissed. I asked what was up and he responded, "Doc said I shredded my ACL, I have another surgery in 6 weeks and then it will take another 6 months” WOW, I pretty much could have curled into a ball and sat in the corner. It's horrible that's all I can say horrible.

One day you’re out rippin hitting new stuff progressing so much, then BOOOM snap 1sec. less then 1 sec. everything changes.

Sriracha hell Nik became such a good friend over these past 3 years. You all know what riding with someone everyday is like you become best of friends. Are styles matched perfect Nik the Super Tech. Rider/Wise and Me the Stupid Young Go Big or Die type. He gave me the Tech. and I don't know what I did really He had it the whole time, just making him let go was his prob. I def. take some responability in what happened I always said Go for it you got it, even when he was unsure, I always pushed and maybe I pushed to far. It's going to be a long long time if ever before I push someone like I did Nik. I don't think I can tell someone to hit a jump when they’re unsure ever again.

Sriracha WILL BE BACK!!!! He will be Downhilling again not Racing or FR but he will be back I'm behind him and are whole crew are behind him in whatever he dose 100%.

Sorry for the little rant I just had to get it out.

-El Toro-
    where he get his surgery done?
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    you got a pic of this stepdown

mtbr member
    yeah that sucks alright...but they can make him better, they have the technology!

ride hard take risks
    Dang that sux 3 times, heal well, dont push beyond the pain. I was told once it would take me almost 3 months to walk again, did it within 1 month with alot of work.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Equal opportunity meanie
    Best of luck to Nik. That's some pretty awful news right there. I'm also curious which hit this was - pic? Description at least?

tvs
    Sorry about the lag on the shots, but here they are. Was a narly day, but had it had to of happened Im glad that I was there. Though I hate to see that sh!at go down. Best of luck healing up, I know youll be 100% before you know it, . Damn, well here they are..

Blasko post wreck, and the only shot I got of the Bulls super smooth launch off the beach drop..

tvs
    Siracha warmin up, and el Toro hittin the stepdown..

tvs
    Sriracha thrownin down the gap to hip..

tvs

tvs
    and here it is the final fatal jump. damn.. Heal good and quick, I know you will, .....

My arm hurts a little
    The final pic!! DAM first time I have seen it.

I think he landed out of frame on that shot, his back wheel might be in.
    Last edited by #1ORBUST; 10-12-2006 at 11:07 PM.
    Hardtail downhill

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    is dat in SB

Glad to Be Alive
    yeah that sucks alright...but they can make him better, they have the technology!

Didn't EIO star in that????

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsprings

nice shots there

Equal opportunity meanie
    Donkey canyon there??

Edit: Correction - beyond the jaw of the reptile??
    Last edited by DHidiot; 10-13-2006 at 06:31 PM.

rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsprings
    and here it is the final fatal jump. damn.. Heal good and quick, I know you will, .....

nice picz b.
    major suxxorz! pic of me in wheelchair is funny. i was in so much pain at that momment.

thanks for the support everyone.
    i'm laid up right now. supposed to be in bed for a solid week.
    yup, ACL is totally gone. one little mistake and BAM! no more riding for quite some time. i knew instantly that my knee was toast. soooo painfull.
    dr. gainor did the surgury on the tib and will do the ACL also. apperantly he's really good and understands what i want to do with my knees.

i'm sik of watching t.v. and pharmacuticals aren't exactly my style.

i've seen plenty of skiing friends go thru this injury and return 100%. i guess it's just my turn. i'll be back. gotta keep the head up and push on thru.
    anyways, finally got my internet fix. i'll check back now and then.
    as the recipiant of an injury, all the positivity helps in a situation like this. thanks.
    later,
    nik

Pro Crastinator
    ....I just got the call BROKEN Tib!!! ..... Doc. said he's out for 8 weeks.
    i was only out for 4 weeks when i did mine. but i opted to not have the cast so i wouldn't be bothered by it. that was on 9-29, i been back in the saddle for almost a month now. i have a mean visible bulge in the bone now and a still swollen leg. not very painful anymore and i'm still nervous about crashing on it again, but biking is better than not biking....
    Last edited by .WestCoastHucker.; 10-13-2006 at 02:42 PM.

conjoinicorned
    heal up quick sriracha

i shredded my ACL twice, quit skiing but back 100% on the bike (just a little scarier when you fall...)
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i was only out for 4 weeks when i did mine. but i opted to not have the cast so i wouldn't be bothered by it.....
    i'm in a velcro leg immobilizor. i split my tibia platou. two screws are holding the chunk in place. but, my ACL is shredded too.
    i hope i can get ACL surgury in 4-6 weeks and focus on that. i've got skiing buds that were back from an ACL after 4 months. we'll see...it's gonna be a while.

rollin

hah! yah, i'm gonna be bionic!

Members who have read this thread: 0