Thread: Bloody Shins

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Bloody Shins

Has anyone ever run the Bloody Shins race near Winnemucca? If so, how techinical is it? I live in Tahoe and am trying to get a comparison to a trail in this area. Also, I need to know what tires to run. Thanks. Rocdog

occasionally good
    Rocdog, you might want to call Rick at T-Rix Bikes in Elko. He's familiar with the course and can give you some insights into what you should be thinking.
    Don't ask me a question unless you really want to hear what I think.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks Mountaingirl...I'll check it out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rocdog
    Has anyone ever run the Bloody Shins race near Winnemucca? If so, how techinical is it? I live in Tahoe and am trying to get a comparison to a trail in this area. Also, I need to know what tires to run. Thanks. Rocdog
    when is it?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    ......May 6th.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    ......May 6th.
    where can i get more info?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

nvmtbkr
    Apr 2006

bloody shins adventure race

The course is a combination of single track thru the sage, and double track, only one technicalish area a bit rocky, I run and like the Specialized Adrenalines, 2.1, its pretty soft dirt.

It should be in pretty good shape because of the amount of moisture we have been having here in wmca.

check it out at nevadapassage.com

nvmtbkr

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    ...Hey thanks for the info

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I got a registration form in the mail, and I'd really like to go, but I have to work.

nvmtbkr
    Apr 2006

bloody shins course

...Hey thanks for the info
    I just rode and gps ed the course last night, 14.5 miles and 1300 ft of climbing, sports will do 1 lap, and the experts will be doing 2 laps and the beginners will do a 7 mile lap. I guesstimate the fastest lap time might be about 1.10. for the 14.5.

the kayak/canoe on the Humboldt river might not fly, its at flood stage, and there isnt enough room under the bridge to fit a kayak through. hopefully the river drops by may 7

the run/scramble up the face of Winnemucca mt will be fun on sunday, a mass start, you pick your route, 2200 vertical in just over 2 miles or so.

parts of this will be filmed for television, all part of the Wide Open Nevada marketing campaign.
    the schedule is:

may 6th, saturday: 11:00 kayak/canoe 3 miles (nothing technical at all) (might be cancelled depending on the river)

may 6th, saturday: 1:30 Bloody shins Mt Bike race

may 6th, saturday eve., awards

may 7th 9:00, run/hike/crawl up the face of Winnemucca mt.

You can do 1 event, 2 events are go for the Passage Cup and do all 3 events.

nevadapassage.com for more infor and sign ups

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmtbkr
    I just rode and gps ed the course last night, 14.5 miles and 1300 ft of climbing, sports will do 1 lap, and the experts will be doing 2 laps and the beginners will do a 7 mile lap. I guesstimate the fastest lap time might be about 1.10. for the 14.5.
    Can you share the GPS course tracks ?
    /k
    NorCal MTB Racing Blog & MTBcalendar.com
    http://norcalmtnbikeracing.blogspot.com/
    http://www.mtbcalendar.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0