mtbr member

zocchi 888 rc2 compression adjust knob broken off

it's the red knob on the bottom of the right fork leg...is there any way to adjust the compression minus the knob, or do i have to get the darn thing fixed?

~~~~~~~~
    there are two pieces, the knob, and the actual adjuster the knob attaches to. Mine sheared off the adjuster but a small hole can be drilled and a screw inserted to give you something to turn. Others have had enough left to add a notch for turning.

There is no "fix" other than an entire new cartridge.

mtbr member

thanks for reply

unfortunately, my fork is minus the knob and adjuster, so looks like i will have to perform some surgery. any special techniques/tricks i should employ?

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by yd35
    unfortunately, my fork is minus the knob and adjuster, so looks like i will have to perform some surgery. any special techniques/tricks i should employ?
    There was a thread floating around somewhere where the OP tapped the adjuster and inserted a bolt of somesort to use for adjustment. I wouldnt be too concerned if you have your LSC set to your liking since you wouldnt have to adjust it much more.

Just another FOC'er
    The other fix is to dremmel a little slot in the end and adjust it with a small flathead screwdriver.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by .Danno.
    The other fix is to dremmel a little slot in the end and adjust it with a small flathead screwdriver.
    this makes the most sense to me because then you can adjust either way where as if you tapped and put a bolt in you could turn clockwise but possible unscrew the bolt going ccw.