mtbr member

X-Fusion Vengence Woes

I've owned my X-Fusion Vengence HLR DLA fork for over nine months now, and I'm still having trouble figuring out the adjustments.

With a low enough air pressure (lower then recommended for my riding weight), and with the low-speed compression damping almost all the way open, the fork behavies well (small and mid bump compliance), but is of course very prone to diving under even normal braking (I can easily eat up 80% of the 170mm of travel).

With enough air pressure and increased low speed compression damping, I get a good handle on the brake dive, but then the fork rides like ****. (no small bump complaince, really harsh action in all conditions).

The two options I would normally try to fix this are: stiffer negative spring pressure (to help reduce the stiction caused my higher air pressure), and smaller air chamber (increase ramp-up in the mid stroke).

Unfortunately, my fork has a fixed negative spring (who knows what air pressure its designed to work best with), and the DLA (travel adjustment) doesn't allow you to unthread the air chamber topcap and insert a foam spacer of some kind.

X-Fusions advice was, "Those forks can take up to 80 hours to break in". I think that is both ********, and irrelevant; I've gotten at least that much time on my fork and it doesn't ride any better.

Any ideas? My fork has been rebuilt at least once by X-fusion.

moaaar shimz
    You could open the DLA sealhead and increase the initial negative volume thereby increasing negative air pressure. Just don't over do it or you won't get full initial travel.

mtbr member
    Do you know of any specific/guided instructions for doing this?