mtbr member
    Sep 2010

X Fusion Vengeance HLR 170mm Received a DLA

Ok So I've ordered a Vengeance HLR 170 as the seam to be highly rated, they've sent me a HLR DLA.

Which i was initially worried as I thought the DLA version only had 160mm of travel, but it looks like its 170mm stepping down to 140mm.

The DLA unit is more expensive and 200grams heaver, but is it as good as the normal HLR ?
    I've heard a few bad things about the DLA unit, nothing about the normal HLR.

Debating sending it back, but not sure if i've got a better deal now ?

I ride a Titus EG V2 mostly AM riding but I'm planning on a few uplift days also.
    Its replacing a Fox 32 150mm RL.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I've had a HLR DLA last summer. HLR cartridge felt good and never gave any problem. The DLA cartridge had problems from day 1. It was permanently losing travel. I sent it back 4 times but they coudln't make it work for me. Maybe others have had better luck but I can only recommand to stay away based on my personnal experience.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nightnerd View Post
    I've had a HLR DLA last summer. HLR cartridge felt good and never gave any problem. The DLA cartridge had problems from day 1. It was permanently losing travel. I sent it back 4 times but they coudln't make it work for me. Maybe others have had better luck but I can only recommand to stay away based on my personnal experience.
    Purely for that reason they're going back, Talas, DLA or 2 step forks are never as good and there is more to go wrong. Plus i read a few other reviews slating the DLA version.

Fedex are picking them up tomorrow.