Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Fusion Metric

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

X-Fusion Metric

Tried to search some reviews about this fork, nothing found.
    Is there anyone out there who has it? would like to hear some opinions.

Im considering this for my Bronson, mainly because its 27.5" specific and takes 20mm hubs. Did not find any other 27.5 forks with 20mm axle.

I heard that 26" & 27.5" models have same lowers, only the crown is different, was wondering how much clearance there is for 650b 2.35" hans dampf with wide rim.

mtbr member
    So new, doubt there will be any reviews for a few months. According to X-Fusion Facebook site the Metrics are shipping from their warehouse. You might want to call John Valera (831) 531-4120, he is pretty good about picking up the phone.

BOS also makes a 27.5 for with 20mm axle. Check out these sites...they are available.
    Art's Cyclery
    27.5"/650B Mountain Bike Suspension Forks
    or
    Seven02Distribution
    650B

Cheers,
    "I Like the Cut of His Jib"

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Yeah, thats what i thought, its way too new.
    For some reason Im not too excited about Bos, I guess i just have to go and order Metric

mtbr member
    Keep an eye on Bikes, Bike Reviews, Cycling Routes, Race News - BikeRadar , they always seem to get X-Fusion products first to review. If the Metric is what X-Fusion preaches as the next generation/improvement to the Vengeance, I seriously doubt you will be disappointed, I have a Vengeance HLR Coil and its darn good.

Cheers,

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Saw one in person today that John had on display at a demo... For what it's worth sweep/slant are noticeably lighter..

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    Saw one in person today that John had on display at a demo... For what it's worth sweep/slant are noticeably lighter..
    That's kind of like saying a float 34 is noticeably lighter than a float 180.

The metric to me it looks like they separated the 26 and 27.5 models, gave it 180mm and knocked about 140g off the fork. Seems to be the same air spring and damper as before. So, not much of a weight or a2c penalty compared to the competition now. If they keep the msrp a little cheaper than the lyrik and fox then I'd see no reason to get either of them. You get the better damper and air spring with none of the issues of before.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Yeah, i think i just go ahead and buy one tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by taikuri View Post
    Be sure to share first impressions and photos

mtbr member
    Love this. Dive in head first! I did the same with my Vengeance and have been impressed ever since.

mtbr member
    Looking at buying one of these before next season (though in 26"). Post up lots of pics.

mtbr member
    Let us know what X-Fusion has to say in regards to on-hand stock. Sometimes it came be hit or miss with them....pretty much one of their only negatitve issues is availble inventory. Guess their stuff is getting higher demand...good for them.

Cheers,

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

X-Fusion Metric

Well, i just tried to buy one. Have been talking with them about 27.5" specific Metric for the past 2 weeks, now that i said take my money, i was told that 27.5" Metric is not available and it takes about 3 months before it is.
    Dont know what to think about all this now.
    I cant wait 3 months, have to find another fork for my Bronson, but more importantly this was my 1st time talking with them, i was ready to buy after all the back and fort emailing and now its not available, might be that i misunderstood somerhing but i was talking about 27.5" metric and they told me im in luck, they just got them.
    Damn. I was so ready to be done with internet mountainbiking and actually be ready to hit the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Yeah, feel your pain. I wanted a Slant, they originally quoted my a delivery date of Sep 2012. I finally got one in May 2013. Hate to say it, but if they quoted 3 months, it might as well be 6 months. Not their fault (I want to believe)...I've read they are subject to the "mother-ship" in Taiwan impacting their product on hand. I've found UK bike shops get X-Fusion products faster than we do in the USA. I actually got my Slant from 18 Bikes LTD in the UK... FORKS :: X Fusion :: 18 Bikes Web Shop

Sorry to hear...bummer man. Best to you on you search.

Cheers,

mtbr member
    If you don't need those 10mm you could just get the Vengeance?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    If you don't need those 10mm you could just get the Vengeance?
    The Metric is lighter and has a better featureset, though I'm not sure how much use stuff like the neutralization valves will be.

Mtb Guide
    Had the same issue, I actually always wanted a Venegence, but took a closer look at the Metric, dealer confirmed not yet available.

I went for a Venegnce HLR air and it kicks arse, best damped fork Ive ever ridden! and after seeing, riding some of the latest forks from others I couldn't be happier!

Weight is a non issue, it actually rides way better, coming off a Float 34, I don't miss the lighter weight one bit, but in terms of dampening its just blown my mind, no other manafacturer has come close imo out of the box to this in performance! 34, 36s I've owned don't come close to this performance.

Nuetra valves are just an air release not a big issue, Metric looks sic though, def be looking at one in the future!

Plus the Ven/Metric use ITA internal travel adjust, its easy to internally set the travel where you want it, metric anywhere between 150mm - 180mm, Vengence depending on which model 100-150-170mm
    I have mine at 160mm.

Zocchis, Foxs over them, would love to test a Pike back to back to the Veng, heard they are having bushing issues at the harder end of the riding scale, now it's been around a bit def something I wanted to avoid.

Def don't feel I'm missing out on Metric or the Pike for that matter.

I just want to ride the shite out of this thing, no excuses now

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Got my metric today. Looks good, graphics are bit ugly but I don't care about it.
    Couple more days and I can go for first test drive

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

bummer

Well, i just tried to buy one. Have been talking with them about 27.5" specific Metric for the past 2 weeks, now that i said take my money, i was told that 27.5" Metric is not available and it takes about 3 months before it is.
    Dont know what to think about all this now.
    I cant wait 3 months, have to find another fork for my Bronson, but more importantly this was my 1st time talking with them, i was ready to buy after all the back and fort emailing and now its not available, might be that i misunderstood somerhing but i was talking about 27.5" metric and they told me im in luck, they just got them.
    Damn. I was so ready to be done with internet mountainbiking and actually be ready to hit the trails.
    This is what he told me last year.. 3 mo for 27.5"... I'll believe it when I see one

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

R: X-Fusion Metric

Got my metric today. Looks good, graphics are bit ugly but I don't care about it.
    Couple more days and I can go for first test drive
    Great, 26" or 27.5"?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    26" since the only difference is 4mm offset on a crown, lowers are the same.
    I would have taken the 27,5" but I can not wait 3 months

mtbr member
    Congrats!!
    Post some pics & a review when you get a chance.

Cheers,

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

X-Fusion Metric

It came with 4 sets of different decals so its easier to match it with rest of the bike

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Good job! looks tastey

26" since the only difference is 4mm offset on a crown, lowers are the same.
    I would have taken the 27,5" but I can not wait 3 months

Are you sure that's the only diff, should have more tire clearance too right.. or what's the clearance from axle to arch on the 26?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

X-Fusion Metric

Thats what i was told by x-fusion dudes, lowers are the same, enough clearance for 27,5. My friend has older 26" vengeance and he is using it with 27,5" wheel.
    That was my concern as well if there is better clearance for 27,5" but no, its the same for both

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The vengeance was always a 27.5" fork. According to their website the 27.5" metric has 5mm longer a2c besides the offset change.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast