Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: X-Fusion Metric

Proudly: A Mexican Rider
    I crashed and the handlebars spinned and pulled the hose.
    Where did you get your replacement??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Josue View Post
    I crashed and the handlebars spinned and pulled the hose.
    Where did you get your replacement??
    Emailed the local distributor. Thought the replacement was a bit overpriced for a tiny piece of plastic ($25 shipped), but if I only break one a season I'm OK with that.

mtbr member
    Anyone still in this thread?
    Trying to get my sag correctly, I could never get past half of the travel so I figured there is too much air in the fork (mind that I know next to nothing about suspension).
    The setup guide (http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pd...-Guide-V01.pdf) says 30% sag equals about 54mm. I'm 84kg fresh from the shower, so with gear on probably around 90kg, which according to the chart should need 80psi.
    Now, to get only 40mm of sag, I already have to lower pressure to 50psi, and I did it twice using a different pump. Is this normal??

Proudly: A Mexican Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dfuse View Post
    Anyone still in this thread?
    Trying to get my sag correctly, I could never get past half of the travel so I figured there is too much air in the fork (mind that I know next to nothing about suspension).
    The setup guide (http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pd...-Guide-V01.pdf) says 30% sag equals about 54mm. I'm 84kg fresh from the shower, so with gear on probably around 90kg, which according to the chart should need 80psi.
    Now, to get only 40mm of sag, I already have to lower pressure to 50psi, and I did it twice using a different pump. Is this normal??
    Try to change the compression settings.
    they are the dials at the bottom.
    Screw them out until the top out.
    Then try it again

mtbr member
    I did that, screwed both of them out (down), before setting the sag.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Yeah their psi settings are way out. Im 100kg and run 45 psi, this is on the 160mm fork settings.
    2 clicks of hsc, 4 clicks of lsc from fully open and im pretty much using all travel.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Contemplating replacing my 180mm Dorado with this to drop some weight. How is the fore-aft stiffness compared to a dual crown in rock gardens? I'm assuming there will be a little more flex, but is it enough to actually slow you down? I'm 180lbs fully geared up.

yet another stupid german
    tbh, i don't think the Dorado being a USD fork is noticeably stiffer than the Metric. I'm just stabbing in the dark here and I've ridden 200mm Dorado and they are flexier than Boxxer or 40, still an excellent fork though... and I run my Metric@160 and it is plenty stiff (they do a good job of keeping straight even with the new Magura MT7 ^^). I figure the difference between Metric / Dorado is gonna be less than Dorado / 40...

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I looked through this whole thread and I still don't know.... should I buy a metric or not? Is it an awesome fork? What does it do good? What is it not good at? I ride a 26" 160mm bike and I'm looking for a fork to ride at bike parks during the summer. I've been considering a Lyrik 26 RC2 DH, and I know the Metric is another option to consider. I have a fork I ride for trail/am/xc that works great but it doesn't cut it for spending the whole day at the bike park so I'm looking for a fork I can switch out when I go there.

mtbr member
    The metric is awesome in 180mm mode. At 160mm the mechanical negative spring can make it top out a little harder than is optimal. I have one on my tr500. 95% of the time I feel no need for more travel. It's only when blasting rocky trails at race speed that I feel the lack of travel come into play

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Team _________

Easy call.... the HLR damper beats the RC2DH hands down.

mtbr member
    just bought an used Metric... seller told me it's a 650b, how can I check if it actually is? any clearly discernible difference in the upper? or does serial n. tell something?

and: I can notice some squirting noise from the damper, is it normal or does it need a service? adjusting dials seems to work properly
    Last edited by savo; 10-19-2015 at 07:47 AM.

all metrics have a 650b casting, the designated 650b forks have a different offset than the 26er. A 650b wheel will fit nonetheless... to tell the difference you would have to measure the offset. they used two different CSU to achieve that.

a very little bit of squishing is ok... if it's a lot, like in a greater part of the stroke, it might have too little oil in the damper.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    just bought an used Metric... seller told me it's a 650b, how can I check if it actually is? any clearly discernible difference in the upper? or does serial n. tell something?

and: I can notice some squirting noise from the damper, is it normal or does it need a service? adjusting dials seems to work properly
    I would first try calling xfusion and see if they can tell you by the serial #. They should be able to and that might be the easiest, surest way.

Once you get it working I would like to know how it performs with what kind of riding you are using it for.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raschaa View Post
    all metrics have a 650b casting, the designated 650b forks have a different offset than the 26er. A 650b wheel will fit nonetheless... to tell the difference you would have to measure the offset. they used two different CSU to achieve that.

a very little bit of squishing is ok... if it's a lot, like in a greater part of the stroke, it might have too little oil in the damper.
    pretty hard job to measure the offset...

there's udible squishing through the whole rebound stroke, may I refer to this guide X-Fusion Vengeance HLR Service Guide to service the damper?

Quote Originally Posted by pb123hou View Post
    I would first try calling xfusion and see if they can tell you by the serial #. They should be able to and that might be the easiest, surest way.

Once you get it working I would like to know how it performs with what kind of riding you are using it for.
    will do. it'll probably take me some weeks though to get some proper ride time, as I'm recovering from a bad injury and can't ride hard already.

fork is going on a Canfield The One, replacing a Marzocchi 350cr (I was having very nice feelings on the Marzo but such a capable frame was calling for more front travel)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345