Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 196

Thread: X-Fusion Metric

  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya View Post
    4 lbs 14 oz is 2.21 kg
    Have any wrench time with RV1 or Metric yet?

  2. #52
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    Have any wrench time with RV1 or Metric yet?
    I stopped distributing X-Fusion so my wrench time on newer stuff have decreased dramatically. Anything you are interested in specifically?

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,346

    Mv1

    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya View Post
    I stopped distributing X-Fusion so my wrench time on newer stuff have decreased dramatically. Anything you are interested in specifically?
    RV1 guts + Metric CSU= Coil Metric?

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    78
    Can these be adjusted to 170mm? Looks like you can just use the 170 pin hole for the stock vengeance travel setting.

  5. #55
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,471
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya View Post
    I stopped distributing X-Fusion so my wrench time on newer stuff have decreased dramatically. Anything you are interested in specifically?
    Does this mean you won`t be posting how great x-fusion products are whenever someone starts an X-fusion thread?
    You stopped distributing them? Don`t you mean the shop you worked for stopped distributing them?
    ****

  6. #56
    Five is right out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by kan3 View Post
    Have you ever ridden a vengeance? This fork is a couple hundred grams lighter, has 10mm more travel, the same damper and a slightly improved air spring. It should ride almost identical to a vengeance. It even has a shorter a2c than the vengeance in 26". Did you have some concerns about it?
    I've never ridden a Vengeance, the only X Fusion product is a shock which I like.

    Besides how it rides (the critical factor), I'm curious as to how the hub release mechanism works in practice as I frequently mount and dismount the front wheel. I'm used to the Maxle DH (secure but a bit of a faff) and the dual flip levers found on the Fox 36s (very convenient, secure and pretty much impossible to get wrong, plus you can visually tell that the axle is locked). The pinch bolt thing doesn't look particularly elegant or fast.

  7. #57
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Does this mean you won`t be posting how great x-fusion products are whenever someone starts an X-fusion thread?
    You stopped distributing them? Don`t you mean the shop you worked for stopped distributing them?
    It means the company I own stopped distributing them. We now import, distribute and service Cane Creek suspension in Mexico.

    Even if I'm not a X-Fusion distributor anymore, I can say they make some solid forks. I still have a Vengeance HLR coil on my bike and I love it.

  8. #58
    moaaar shimz
    Reputation: tacubaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    RV1 guts + Metric CSU= Coil Metric?
    No idea, but I think you would at least need the Metric CSU to have a threaded end for the RV1 base plate (I haven't seen one from inside TBH), a spring that fits the RV1 spring guide (and delivers 180mm of travel) and also cut and re-tap the RV1 spring rod to proper size (assuming it is straight wall). Sounds like a lot of hassle.

  9. #59
    Five is right out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,177
    taikuri, toothless or anyone else with a Metric:

    How are you finding the red rebound knobs? My rebound (new Metric, not yet ridden) seems a bit odd:

    Slowest setting is dead slow
    Second click is slower than I'd use
    Third click is a usable speed
    Clicks 5-17 (or however many clicks there are) are well into pogo territory.

    My Vector shock rebound is much more sensibly balanced. Neither are usable at the extremes of rebound, but there is a good middle ground of settings that I can use.

    Basically with the Metric there are only one or two clicks before rebound gets silly-fast.

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ramjm_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya View Post
    It means the company I own stopped distributing them. We now import, distribute and service Cane Creek suspension in Mexico.

    Even if I'm not a X-Fusion distributor anymore, I can say they make some solid forks. I still have a Vengeance HLR coil on my bike and I love it.
    Tacu

    Given you have extensive XF service knowledge would you know how to read an XF serial number? I have a few other questions if you don't mind a PM ? Thanks
    JR

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    339
    Did someone get the 650b already?

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    339
    And why are people claiming a 200g weight saving over a Vengeance when a Vengeance air HLR weights at 2254g vs the 2268g of the Metric (both listed weights, but seems to be close to real)?

    I was leaning toward a Metric 650b but lack of info about availability and high price are not encouraging.
    A Vengeance would be same weight, same damper, 300 euro less expensive, and readily available.
    650b offset is actually the only plus of the Metric, isn't it?

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dzdale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    50
    Does the offset honestly make that much difference ? what about other possible mitigating factors such as slack head tube angle etc ?

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by dzdale View Post
    Does the offset honestly make that much difference ? what about other possible mitigating factors such as slack head tube angle etc ?
    I like slack angle and the frame I'm going to build is slack indeed (Canfield One), but a mitigation factor for the lower offset would actually be a steeper angle.

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ramjm_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    804
    IMO it might be a very marginal difference. Ive got a Velvet 650b now, should have my Sweep this week if customs cooperates. I'll have a better feel after I have a few rides in.

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cerebroside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    And why are people claiming a 200g weight saving over a Vengeance when a Vengeance air HLR weights at 2254g vs the 2268g of the Metric (both listed weights, but seems to be close to real)?
    ...
    Not sure about 200g, but the X-Fusion website lists the Metric (air HLR) as lighter than the Vengeance (air HLR). It's just over 200g lighter than the Vengeance coil HLR (all claimed weights).

    Vengeance HLR - 2404g
    Vengeance Coil HLR - 2494g
    Metric HLR - 2268g

    The US/CAD price difference is only $100. How is the availability on the 26" version?

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebroside View Post
    Not sure about 200g, but the X-Fusion website lists the Metric (air HLR) as lighter than the Vengeance (air HLR). It's just over 200g lighter than the Vengeance coil HLR (all claimed weights).

    Vengeance HLR - 2404g
    Vengeance Coil HLR - 2494g
    Metric HLR - 2268g

    The US/CAD price difference is only $100. How is the availability on the 26" version?
    Right, but why compare the Metric (Air) with the Vengeance coil and ignore the Vengeance Air? It doesn't make sense.

    European RRP difference is circa 200 euro, but some slightly lower price can be find for a Vengeance.
    I don't know about the 26" Metric, never investigated.

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cerebroside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    Right, but why compare the Metric (Air) with the Vengeance coil and ignore the Vengeance Air? It doesn't make sense.

    European RRP difference is circa 200 euro, but some slightly lower price can be find for a Vengeance.
    I don't know about the 26" Metric, never investigated.
    I think people are just exaggerating the ~150g difference in the air vs air claimed weights, rather than comparing to the coil. It's still a decent weight saving if you're counting grams; I'd love to be able to drop that much on other components.

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebroside View Post
    I think people are just exaggerating the ~150g difference in the air vs air claimed weights, rather than comparing to the coil. It's still a decent weight saving if you're counting grams; I'd love to be able to drop that much on other components.
    That's a good point, most european sites (X-Fusion german one included) list a 2254g weight for the Vengeance air HLR, while others (X-Fusion english one included) list them at 2404g as you quoted...

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    339
    As for the offset:
    Vengeance: 41mm
    Metric 26": 42mm
    Metric 27.5: 46mm

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mountainbiker9109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    120
    Have had mine sitting around for a month now. Between weather here in New England and work I haven't had a chance to take it out for a ride.

    Weighed 5lb 1oz out of the box according to my scale.

    Also picked up a hilo sl dropper from them. Wish they stayed consistent with the stanchion colors. Did match fox kashima perfectly.

    Teaser shot:
    X-Fusion Metric-img_2084.jpg

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cerebroside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker9109 View Post
    ...
    Weighed 5lb 1oz out of the box according to my scale.
    ...
    Looks great! Love the Rune V2's, I wouldn't mind a Darkside as my next bike...

    Even with the full steerer that is damn close to listed weight (at 2296g after conversion).

  23. #73
    kneecap
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,386
    Did you weigh that hilo sl, I'm interested in one since I'm way pleased with my slant 160mm.

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dzdale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    50

    X-Fusion Metric

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker9109 View Post
    Have had mine sitting around for a month now. Between weather here in New England and work I haven't had a chance to take it out for a ride.

    Weighed 5lb 1oz out of the box according to my scale.

    Also picked up a hilo sl dropper from them. Wish they stayed consistent with the stanchion colors. Did match fox kashima perfectly.

    Teaser shot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2084.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	863953
    Love the magnesium colour with the Raw 👍, so you must be the first owner of the magnesium ones in the UK, I had the first black ones , really nice forks . Had mine adjusted to 160 for the Rune, so would be interested in your opinion on the handling at 180 as i might want to try that confuguration

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by dzdale View Post
    Love the magnesium colour with the Raw 👍, so you must be the first owner of the magnesium ones in the UK, I had the first black ones , really nice forks . Had mine adjusted to 160 for the Rune, so would be interested in your opinion on the handling at 180 as i might want to try that confuguration
    Where did you buy it in the UK? online or lbs?
    And is yours a 26er or a 650b one?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question about set up for my first metric century
    By Jaunty_Joe in forum Endurance XC Racing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 03:19 PM
  2. Gravel Metric V3
    By Hand/of/Midas in forum Endurance XC Racing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2012, 03:36 PM
  3. metric VS. SAE
    By customfab in forum Frame Building
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:49 PM
  4. Metric hole saw
    By TimT in forum Frame Building
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 05:14 PM
  5. Gravel Metric Illinois
    By Hand/of/Midas in forum Endurance XC Racing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 05:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •