mtbr member
    Mar 2005

X Fusion H3 LT... Thumbs up

This is only my initial impression about the H3 LT. I have been using a X Fusion Vector HLR on my Giant Glory for a couple of months now and it has performed flawlessly in Whistler and most every weekend at Mt Washington. I also have a Nomad mk1 with the DHX Air. This combination is widely regarded as one of the crappiest. I had considered swapping the DHX-A for another Vector or even possibly one of the DSP Deuler shocks but it came down to weight. I did not want to add too much more weight as the bike is pretty light right now (about 29 pounds). After reading a few positive reviews and comments online I decided to buy the H3 LT. Overall build quality is excellent and the machining looks very good (I am a machinist). Installation was a snap and uneventful. Setup wise, this H3 takes a lot lower air pressure than the DHX-A. I guess that is neither here nor there, but I used about 2/3 the air pressure for the same amount of sag. Rebound has plenty of range of adjustment and was easy to dial in. The knob turned smoothly and the detents were easily felt. I put the minimum amount of air in the resevoir and set the bottom out resistance to minimum. The PVA lever (pedal platform like Pro-Pedal) was super easy to use. It has 4 settings. The on and off detents are easily felt but the two setting in between are a bit vauge. I don't think that this will cause a problem as I will probably use it fully on or off. The on position is very effective at firming the suspension and the off position is very smooth.
    On the bike the shock did not have the same wallow at the DHX-A and provided a much more linear coil like feel. It is not as uber sensitive as the Vector HLR but it seems pretty smooth. I have only had a short little ride around my house. I'll get some real trail time in next week and see how it fairs!

Crainius Maximus
    Oct 2005
    I've heard nothing but good things about the H3s... Unfortunately, the guys at X-Fusion told me that they're no longer going to have them in their shock lineup. Get 'em while you can!