Nice no rass

X Fusion Glyde RPV Shock

I just built a new Iron Horse Warrior for a good friend that wants to start MTB'ing with us. Iron Horse specs the X Fusion Glyde RPV as the shock on it's '06 Warrior Trails. The stock spring on the Glyde is a 450 lb. spring, too soft for him at 185 w/o gear. I called X Fusion up after the build and inquired about ordering a 650 lb. spring and they offered to send a 650 lb. spring for free, just swap out the original 450 lb. spring.

This is the first I've heard of this company, but so far I'm quite impressed with their customer service. Hopefully the shock itself performs as well as their cs does. Time will tell. I just had to post a thumbs up to them for offering a free upgrade to a new customer.

mtbr member
    X Fusion have had some banner ads. here on Mtb Review. There is also a full page ad. for their Velvet fork in the latest MB Action. It looks like nice stuff, very pretty anyway, but no-one seems to know anything about them. Someone even posted asking about them and there weren't any replies. Out of curiosity I did a web search to see what the forks cost but came up with nothing. I also wonder where they are made.

Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I bought a Iron Horse Warrior Trail DS 2006 from Randall Scott at Christmas. It had the X-FUSION GLYDE R COIL shock with the 450x51 spring installed which was way too soft for my weight (200 lbs. with gear). I emailed X-Fusion about getting a stiffer spring and they sent me 650x66 spring along with some nice swag (t-shirt, stickers, catalogs).

Anyway the spring seems to work well so far. It doesn't bottom out anymore and I use about 80% of the stroke. Great customer support and the Sales Manager followed up with emails with any questions I had when I installed the new spring. They'll be on my list when its time to upgrade for sure.

Former Bike Wrench
    I've learned from a reliable inside source that the new Specialized rear shocks are none other than X-Fusion. If you look at them closely, the air shocks on the new Enduro SL bikes look exactly like the X-Fusion O2 air shocks.

I'm picked up a new O2 PVA online and it didn't feel right. Alex at X-Fusion sent out a UPS return tag and is sending me a new one. When is the last time you've heard of a company paying the shipping both ways?

If their shocks turn out to be as good as the customer service...Fox may have something to be worried about

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    If their shocks turn out to be as good as the customer service...Fox may have something to be worried about
    Manitou has more than once sent me return tags. They even replaced a two year old fork with a newer model but that is besides the point. X-Fusion may have good customer service but their marketing is not that great. There is very little information about their products anywhere. I'm looking for a basic fork for an old hard tail and tried to find out what they are about. I can't even find prices or who stocks them. Once again, I'd also like to know where they are made.

Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

Former Bike Wrench

Idea! Yes, Manitou is very good as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    Manitou has more than once sent me return tags. They even replaced a two year old fork with a newer model but that is besides the point. X-Fusion may have good customer service but their marketing is not that great. There is very little information about their products anywhere. I'm looking for a basic fork for an old hard tail and tried to find out what they are about. I can't even find prices or who stocks them. Once again, I'd also like to know where they are made.

Ronnie.
    Yes, as a former warranty manager of a large Seattle bike shop...Manitou had EXCELLENT customer service. My understanding when talking to X-Fusion is that they are in the process of getting their US warehouse set-up so it'll take some time to get up and running. But I think with them sponsoring the national MTB racing series (formerly NORBA) as well as sponsoring some pretty prominent teams (including the former Ford women's team...now co-sponsored by Titus and Kenda) that they will become more prominent.

As far as where they are made...well I think its pretty obvious that they're made in Taiwan. Which of course is where ALL Rock Shox is made as well as the new Specialized stuff and a lot of Manitou and Marzocchi so I think the quality will probably be on par with them. When I get my new O2 PVA and get some ride time on it, I will follow-up with a review on it.