mtbr member

Will a RS Tora 130mm Solo Air fit on my size 16.5 '99 FSR Enduro

that came with a spring Fox Vanilla shock? Or is that too much travel? I guess it's sorta late to ask since I already won it on Ebay for a nice price :P I found it at the last minute and did some quick research. I don't think it's the 318 since I don't see that red Motion Control sticker on the crown. I did ask the seller questions, but I wasn't aware of the 318/302 designation at the time. I went on Sram's site and see that there is a 289 model. Did this come with Solo Air (doen't say it does on the website)? The Tora I won is a 2006 Solo Air with rebound adjust and travel adjust(?) and was a take-off from a Reign and had only around four rides on it (no drops, as seller noted). Anyway, I'm upgrading my Specialized XC bike and thought this would be a good upgrade from the stock Judy (80mm?) it currently has. I'd be happy if it is a 318 with the added features, but overall I still got a good deal.

not so super...
    Since it is an OEM take-off the features can vary widely. Hope it works out for you.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Don't sweat it...

the travel is ADJUSTABLE!!! All of the Tora line had/have either U-turn externally adjustable travel, or All Travel internally adjustable systems. Either way you can set the fork travel to compiment your bike. The U-turn system is simple and requires the turning of a dial on the outside of the fork to change travel. The All Travel system is a bit more involved and requiers minor disassembly of the fork to change, but is still easy enough to do yourself if you have a bit of mechanical ability, the proper tools and materials, and can follow instructions.

And yes it is an upgrade to your old Judy. A bit heavier than the Judy, the Tora will weigh between 1 and 1.5 lbs more, but the damping and spring system is supperior.

So don't sweat the travel, you can change it if you need to.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Thanks, guys. The seller said it's not adjustable. It's the 302 model with no U-Turn. He was nice to offer me a refund via Paypal since I paid through Paypal before it was sent out.