Dirt Diva Little h

Will RCS ti 2.5 X 300# fit Roco WC?

I need to get a 300# ti spring for my nomad and wondering if the RCS will fit. My concern is the free length which is 5.3". I measured and the threads on the shock end real close to this measurement. Of course it is the spring with 1,43 ID so it would fit that way but I'm concerned about threads to beable to preload the spring 1-2 turns. Any one using this combo?
    Blood Sweat Girls & Gears: ECTG rules
    X-Caliber
    Intense 5.5
    Nomad
    Uzzi VPX
    M1
    DMR sidekick
    Syren
    Double

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    This is going to vary a bit spring to spring.....Can you just pull your stock spring and measure the free length? ... and then figure if you have the adjustability for the difference in length?

I have a CCDB that the factory springs are ~ 3mm or so to long. Getting them on is no biggie, but removing them is a bit of a chore. I preload them a bit and put about 5 zip ties on the spring to keep it compressed. Then back off the preload on remove.

Dirt Diva Little h

not too long but too short

The RCS spring is the right rate and but might be too short to preload. Roco does not have threads on the whole shock body like a DHX. I think I will use a spacer to make sure it fits.
    Blood Sweat Girls & Gears: ECTG rules
    X-Caliber
    Intense 5.5
    Nomad
    Uzzi VPX
    M1
    DMR sidekick
    Syren
    Double

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Oh, sorry....I misread

If the spring is a bit too short in overall length, but can accomidate the shock travel length, then, yes just space the spring.

RCS makes a spacer for this exact issue (it was orig made for, and sold as a progressive spacer) as the 5th element was similar and had only a few preload collar threads. I have run them on DHXs as well to help keep the spring centered on the shock body.

If you are getting this from RCS directly or through BTI etc, they sell the progressive adapter/spacers as well.

Sometimes has attitude
    Quote Originally Posted by heather@thebakkers.com
    I need to get a 300# ti spring for my nomad and wondering if the RCS will fit. My concern is the free length which is 5.3". I measured and the threads on the shock end real close to this measurement. Of course it is the spring with 1,43 ID so it would fit that way but I'm concerned about threads to beable to preload the spring 1-2 turns. Any one using this combo?

RCS has the correct ID so no worries there. You could need a spacer though. BTI is the call.

Cheers
    Ride Your Bike!