mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Will early Junior T (1997-2001) lower legs fit on 2000 QR20 uppers/internals?

I asked a question in another thread about using parts from a 5" travel 2000 Qr20 and mixing them with a 1997 Z1 BAM 4". That isn't going to work because of how shallow the fork legs are on the 4" travel Z1.

I would assume a 5" travel lower legs of a Jr T would work with the internals and upper parts of a 5" travel QR20 of the same era? Basically I need to find some standard QB drop out lowers for my QR20 and buying them new from Marzocchi is going to be waaaaay more than buying an older used complete 5" Junior T or 5" Z1 drop off (the problem is that the Z1 drop offs are extremely hard to find, esp in the USA).

Thanks again for the help!!!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Are you talking about doing this?

I sacrificed my 03 z1frata to replace the lowers on an 04 sper t pro.... z1 was 150mm and the T is 170mm

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    ya, but i am not doing it to gain more travel, just want the QR20 to have a standard QR instead, like the early drop off Z1 with 130mm travel, just that those drop offs are hard to find in US