Singleminded

White Brothers Magic 29: The real story?

I'm considering the White Bro's Magic 29-80 for my 29er SS build. I currently run and like the Fox but am interested in the IMV for SS. I have heard some trash talk out and about regarding "quality" issues and customer service with the White Bro's product. I would like to know from the guys who are riding this fork what you really think. No one has reviewed it yet. I know you guys are out there so let's hear the verdict. I'm not afraid of it not being plush as I am also considering just running a rigid fork.
    singleminded

mtbr member
    Can't comment on the fork you are asking about but I've got a WB's Fluid 140 and as far as quality goes, it's as good or better than the other guys out there. Customer service? Has been good for me, but I've only had to call a couple times for set-up help.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Singleminded
    Thanks for the response. As far as opinions go, I would agree with you. But I value the opinion of you guys on this forum who are actually using the equipment way more than that of a bike mag. Thanks again.

More opinions welcome: please comment about the WB Magic 29 fork. Thanks
    singleminded

Mashers Only!!
    I love this Fork! I have 2 of them. An 80mil on my ss Moots and a 110mil on my Lenz Leviathan. The only thing You need to know is that there is a break in period. My 80 mil took 5 hrs and my 110mil took 5 weeks. Other than that they have been flawless!

HUGH

mtbr member
    Agree on the break in period for the White Brothers forks, seemed to take a while, don't see this as a bad thing though.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    is that a normal break in period?
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum