mtbr member

White Brothers Fluid 140

Had one of these put on a Ventana X5 and took it up north to Rossland BC. Right out of the box this thing was very, very sticky. After about 15 hours of riding it's starting to lossen up and White Brothers does say it would take about 12 hours to break in but it still seems to be overly sticky. This is my first White Brothers fork and none of my past forks (Manitou and Fox) were this sticky from the start and it didn't seem to take this long to break in. Any thoughts? I'll call White Brothers Monday.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Well I have a WB Fluid 140 Since sept 2007. The internals are totally CNC machined which is why it is that sticky. the tolerances are so low between each moving part. i blow thru my travel easily and my low speed side is not plush. stiff at the top and bottoms out. so i was wondering what is happening. i took it apart to change oil wt to 15 wt oil and up by 25ml. set it down by 40 psi from start and the fork became lively. but still got to break it in.

I suggest u ride it hard a little more. it takes a while to break it because of the extremely impressive machining of the fork internally. if u can believe what i say, this WB fork is better than any 140mm fork out there. really is. the work internally is a piece of art. u just go to understand why the stickiness..