mtbr member
    Oct 2005

White Brothers???

Does any bike copmpany spec these forks? Do they still have that goofey magnet system in them? The last one that I had had the worst stiction of any fork I ever rode. Are they still in business?

mtbr member
    Came out with new forks last year called the Loop...have seen them spec'd on 650b bikes
    Mountain Racing Products home of MRP, White Brothers, Kreitler, Tamer, and Power Grips | White Brothers

JAMIS BIKES
    Former bicycle mechanic for 8 years, current soil scientist.

Blog

The White Jeff W
    Yup my Jamis 650b bike came with a WB Fluid fork. Didn't like it at all. It took forever to break in and even then was way too firm for my liking. If I lowered the pressure to where it started to feel OK it sagged 30% with no weight on it.

I replaced it with a Manitou Tower Pro and couldn't be any happier.

I believe the new Loop fork is a complete redesign so I can't comment on that, just that I wouldn't recommend the Fluid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk 2
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

It seems you work for them...

...based on this post from 2005. Why don't you answer your own question? FWIW, I have one of their Loop forks and really love it. Beyond plush.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White Brothers???-dork.jpg  

whatever...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by steadite View Post
    ...based on this post from 2005. Why don't you answer your own question? FWIW, I have one of their Loop forks and really love it. Beyond plush.
    OK now this is strange...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebro View Post
    Do they still have that goofey magnet system in them?
    The goofy magnetic platform valve is still present and correct, still unique and still a bit odd.

To White Bros credit they have refined it over time and it works quite well now.

Since they stopped using cnc press-fit lowers reliability has gone up too, which is nice. As far as I know there are no companies that spec either the Loop or the Groove as OE parts (certainly none of the big players).

I actually feel this is a good thing as I don't think the MRP group has the manufacturing capacity to both maintain quality and meet large OE spec orders. They also have a very can-do attitude to custom work and are one of the few to offer true long travel 29er forks straight out the box. I don't think either of those things would survive if they had large OE orders to fill at the same time.

tl,dr

White bros current line up is really good, but avoid the old models with the cnc lowers.