mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Bonking ... not feelin' well Where was that Metal thing installed in Spinner Aeris Sport?

Hi;
    It was time for my Spinner Aeris Sport 286-80 to refill it with oil and today, I opened it. I have Motorex 5 Wt fork oil for it. I found an article about how to change oil of Spinner Aeris Sport and I have successfully done it. Below is the article. (By the time, Spinner has really bad support I think. I've send 4 e-mails and no one returned me. I'm keeping to send email Perhaps one day I'll take the answer.)

"To change the oil:
    1- remove the left (non-air side) cap
    2- let the air out of the right (air side) side. compress the fork to get all the air out
    3- remove the bolt from the bottom left leg
    4- pull the lower legs off
    5- drain the oil out of the right leg
    6- make sure no dirt is on or around the seals
    7- push up on the SPUL valve on the bottom of the right leg to get all the oil out
    8- fill the right leg with oil up to 70mm from the top ~150cc, Spinner says 5wt but if you are light like me 142lbs I need the SPUL valve to engage easier so I used 2.5wt (motorcycle oil).
    9- attach the lower legs and reattach left leg bolt. You will need something long and skinny to push the internal rod down so you can attach the bolt.
    10- replace left cap, and add air
    Hope this helps
    Kevin"

This helped me and Fork is just working great now. Smart Lock-out works perfect. And its travel reached again to 80 mm. The result was just great
    But my main problem is, I found a Metal Thing ( u can see it as an attachement ) in the right leg of the fork before refilling it with fresh oil. It was swimming in the dirty oil. Its diameter is approx 9mm. I couldn't understand where it belongs to After refilling the fork, I couldn't find a proper place for that Metal.
    I wonder where does it belong to? And how can I reinstall it again?

Ogun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Ogun

I do not know about your fork, but vmajor from cycletaiwan (http://shop.cycletaiwan.com/) has posted here a number of times about parts for these forks. he may be able to advise you. Perhaps send him a personal message.

Tim

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    Ogun

I do not know about your fork, but vmajor from cycletaiwan (http://shop.cycletaiwan.com/) has posted here a number of times about parts for these forks. he may be able to advise you. Perhaps send him a personal message.

Tim
    Thanks a lot for your reply Tim but, I've bought it from eBay so they are ( cycle taiwan ) angry with me. They say me " It was a mistake that you didn't buy it from our shop. Buy from our shop and get support, buy from other shops and forget about support." I don't think so Vmajor takes care of me. Spinner never gave me a support neither and I don't know why. Unfortunately, I have to solve this problem by myself

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Hi Wombat;
    I think I've solved the problem :-) This metal thing ( e-clip ) was installed at the bottom end of the valve. And I've installed it properly.