mtbr member
    Jun 2013

where to get rebuild kit for marzocchi bomber z2 bam?

hey guys i just got my first big time bike you could say, a khs alite 4000. this bike is kinda being a challenge for me to learn on because its pretty stupid light and very responsive, but anyways where can i get a rebuild kit for these forks with seals and bushing and what should i use for oil in these? i do not know the travel off hand.

Thanks,
    James

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    There's a seal kit for Marzocchi M arch forks readily available and these seals also fit the earlier 30mm forks with the bolt on arch. The dust wiper is a bit different as it doesn't have a flange to sit on but fits and works way better than the original; it just goes down to the main seal and stops.

Part number is 850690 Marzocchi. Instructions are on the back. The recommended oil is 7 wt, which is neither 5wt nor 10 wt. It does matter, as I've never been happy with other weights. I think Bel Ray makes a 7 wt fork oil - motorcycle shops.

The bushings last forever if treated reasonably. The big worry is the condition of the stanchion tubes. Service specs should still be found in the archive at Marzocchi.com.

You may still be able to find Enduro seals for this fork. They are better than the originals but my preference is for the M arch originals. Should be about $35 -40 for a set but you might find them for less somewhere.

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    98 & 99 Z2 Bam Service Manuals

* The manuals on that link aren't on the Marzocchi website.

mtbr member
    The enduro fork seals are great on the Z2's. Use their pictorial for the rebuild, the Z2 is same procedure as for the x-fly, minus the air chamber part.

What & how of oil has been covered many times on this forum, use the google.

Oil height should be between 40-45mm from the top, more oil/40mm if you're on the heavier side. For the '99 BAM, the tech tuning tips says 42-47mm. Some manuals had a misprint of 45-50mm, IIRC.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]