mtbr member
    May 2005

Where can I find a 2.0 x 450 lb. Titanium Spring?

I am about to order a new DHX 5.0 coil shock with a 400lb. spring for $180, but I need a 450 or 500 lb. spring. I was thinking since I already have to replace the spring, that I would try to find a titanium spring (preferably used) to fit the 7.5 x 2.0 shock but I can't find one anywhere. Does anyone know where i can find a ti spring that will fit this shock? Would a 2.25 size work? I weight 165-170 and ride a 5 spot and was told that I sould get a 450 lb. spring, maybe a 500 lb.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    i would try looking for a 2,25 x 450 spring and then see if the free length is suited for your shock.
    my guess is that itd be a lot easier to find that than the 2.0 version.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Biker
    I am about to order a new DHX 5.0 coil shock with a 400lb. spring for $180, but I need a 450 or 500 lb. spring. I was thinking since I already have to replace the spring, that I would try to find a titanium spring (preferably used) to fit the 7.5 x 2.0 shock but I can't find one anywhere. Does anyone know where i can find a ti spring that will fit this shock? Would a 2.25 size work? I weight 165-170 and ride a 5 spot and was told that I sould get a 450 lb. spring, maybe a 500 lb.

Thanks.
    You'll save so little weight with a Ti on a shock with a stroke this short and this spring rate, it is absolutely not worth the money.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks for the tip MK, I didn't even think of it that way.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    good catch MK