mtbr member
    Dec 2004

What does Risse Racing do?

I know they're sponsors for this forum so it looks like they're still around. Their website shows copyright 2012, although their most recent update to their products was when the Marzocchi 888 first came out.

Just curious
    -2000 Giant DH Team
    -2003 Balfa BB7
    -2004 Nicolai Nuclean ST
    *DH riding hiatus*
    -2011 Intense M9

www.derbyrims.com
    Risse Racing Shocks is unique in ability to make up custom combinations of shock stroke and mounting eye-to-eye (i2i) length. For example if you want a 2.5" stroke x 8.25" i2i mount, no major brand would make that, but Risse can probably do it, and at a production shock cost rate.

They also do small aviation landing gear suspension work. They are very nice people to talk with.

I had a Risse Terminator air shock on my first full suspension bike in the mid '90's. It was much better in smooth action and external adjustments than the Fox offerings at the time.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I guess what I was wondering is if Risse still makes anything MTB related. I used to have one of their Trixxxy forks back in 1999 or something. I did always like the fact that they had unique eye to eye lengths which is awesome, although at this point I'm wondering how out of date is everything.
    -2000 Giant DH Team
    -2003 Balfa BB7
    -2004 Nicolai Nuclean ST
    *DH riding hiatus*
    -2011 Intense M9

Elitest thrill junkie
    Didn't pick up good vibes when I rode with them. Too much weed and not enough responsibility to make me want to have my suspension worked on by them/buy something. Maybe they are better now.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Don't get down on em for smokin weed. I assume you drink beer or wine...weed is no different. Work is different from play.

mtbr member
    I could care less what Risse is doing. I bought a shock from them about 5 years ago and they were by far the worst company I ever delt with. Sending the wrong item, not following through on their word. Etc... Horrible!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I am having them put a remote on my Fox RP2,I shipped it out over two months a go and I keep hearing next week,then I heard by friday last week then by monday we will have it done,I called on Tuesday and yup you got it,next week again.He said we are swamped we just got alot of orders in????????????????????????