Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

V-Brake 26" Forks

7K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  mtnbiker72 
#1 ·
I have a Rock Lobster frame that I'm looking to re-build with some changes from it's previous life. I wanted to know if there are any companies that are still making "nicer" (i.e. no Dart whatever) forks that have V-Brake posts. Would like to keep it about 100mm. Or would it be more beneficial to get say a used Fox and have it rebuilt?

#4 ·
rockyuphill said:
You can still find some V-brake SID Teams around at a decent price. The 80mm travel can be changed to 100mm by removing the spacer.
Shiny. What's particularly nice about that fork is for $70 you can upgrade the rebound damper to the shimmed BB rebound damper. It makes a noticeable improvement in suspension performance, is cheap, and, in my opinion, works better than the full BB damper.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=35075&category=705

#7 ·
2009 and 2010 Rockshox SID Race or Team models were made with V brake bosses.
Pricepoint has the 2009 Team on sale, I just picked up the 80mm for an older bike rebuild.
Its very light and light years better than compared the Rockshox Jett it replaced.

For 2011 the SID is no longer being made with V brake bosses. On the higher end forks, its getting harder to find ones for V brakes. If you see a nice fork, get it while you can.

Blue Sky Cycling also recently had some 2009 Tora SLs on sale with V brake bosses, right around $199 or so which is a pretty good price. They were 120 mm travel but can be changed to 100 or 80mm.

#10 ·
ducktape said:
I know it wouldn't look cool, but isn't there bolt on kind of v brake mounts that you can buy to put on any fork? I'm sure I've seen them somewhere, maybe mainly meant for rigid jumping forks though.
Pretty sure I came across such a thing when looking to buy my Identiti Rebate.
Big Cheese linear brake adapter through QBP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.